What do you do when you packed your cigarettes too tight?

Discussion in 'General' started by Torontoke, Aug 23, 2012.

1. So I consume a lot of weed everyday and i used to be a heavy cigarette smoker but realized how killer they are for your body so I stopped. It had been almost 9 months before today since I bought a pack of smokes. So when i got them i packed them upside down about 3 4 times and then when i opened the pack and light one up I wasnt getting drags for shit! such a piss off. Is there any trick you old smokers use to fix this so that i can get those perfect draws off the cigarette like im supposed to?

Edit: I just bought a pack cause I thought why not its been so long but fuck cigarette smoking ill never make it a habit ever again, this will be the last pack for the year!

2. Hmm...I guess you could roll the cigarette between your thumb and index finger a couple times. That seems like it would loosen things up in there a bit :confused:

3. ^
    This, I smoke americans spirits and they already are tight as a virgin. So I have to roll them between my fingers.

4. Jab a paper clip in there a few times to loosen it up.

Or do what Ghost said because he's smarter than me.

5. thanks for the fast advice guys. how many times do you guys roll it between your thumbs cause i tryed that a couple times and it didnt do the trick

6. #6 dudeindistress3, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
    Or don't smoke cigs. :eek: just playin I'm not gonna hate on smokers in a smoking thread lol that's askin for trouble. But it is good you quit. Just a question, what's the difference between American spirits and other cigarettes? Are they more natural? How would you be able to tell besides just assuming?

7. Because you didn't smoke cigs for a long time, the drag feels weird.

It was like that for me when I started smoking cigs again after a long break,
    takes time and you'll be back as normal, and try to smoke your old brand.

Best yet is to quit.

8. pack it the other way

9. oh shit bro i never thought about that!! im gonna have to try that outt

10. Wouldn't that crush the end?

11. American spirits are all natural organic and additive free. Meaning you get what comes in tobacco leaf and nothing else.

12. ^
    Yessssssss

13. Man i used to pack my cigs so damn tight that if you looked at the tip you'd think it was missing tobacco lol. quit those fuckers tho =D

Now im packing bowls

14. I've never really looked, do cigarettes have an ingredient list? I don't think so right?

15. [quote name='"Apollyon1325"']

American spirits are all natural organic and additive free. Meaning you get what comes in tobacco leaf and nothing else.[/quote]

They also cost a shit ton more almost 8 bucks a pack, and their so weak I had to rip some of the filer off lol but I'm spoiled and only like camel menthol

16. Were you buying the yellow pack or something? Those things are weak as hell. Some of their cigarettes really aren't that bad...they aren't marlboro reds though thats for sure lol

17. it takes a gentle touch.

18. i generally roll my own with American spirit tobacco so yeah:cool:

19. [quote name='"ghostonvacation"']

Were you buying the yellow pack or something? Those things are weak as hell. Some of their cigarettes really aren't that bad...they aren't marlboro reds though thats for sure lol[/quote]

Yeah it was the yellow pack lol everyone calls them the hipster cigarettes haha. I haven't tried any others but them though

20. natural means nothing by FDA standards. I could call my feces mixed with cyanide natural and it would not be disputed by the FDA under that name.

Even things labeled organic are not necessarily pesticide free, it just puts a more stringent limit on them.

only one variety of american spirits tout the 'organic' label

American Spirits is also owned by some big tobacco company so don't think you are missing out on any of the corporatism by taking a drag off one ;)