Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What do you do when you have to quit for a while?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by steveperry, Aug 26, 2011.

1. So...I have a DT coming up in a little over a month, and I decided to quit until then, just to be safe. I have not smoked for 5 days now. I have taken breaks before, but honestly I just enjoy being stoned, so I get incredibly bored without the ganja. Everything that I love to do revolves around music, and being stoned while enjoying music. Last summer when I had a drug test approaching, I smoked K2/Spice, whatever you want to call it for a majority of the summer. My friend and I were smoking it every night, many bowls, through our gravity bong contraption. I enjoy being in LaLa land from smoking myself stupid. So, I have used that as an option in the past to substitute weed, but I would rather not dabble with K2 again. I rarely had any problems, but a couple of times I had terrible trips from getting too high, and decided to give up K2 without looking back.

So...My question is this. What do you guys use to substitute the absence of weed when you have to stop? I'm speaking in terms of legal, natural options. I do enjoy a few cups of Kava tea to take the edge off, but Kava is still nothing like a fat bowl from the bong. Any other ideas?

2. K2? But its a horrible substance that shouldn't be ingested. But its legal..

3. I have a cigarette. When I have a stretch of time where I can't afford any, I have a cigarette and it takes my mind off it, just like when quitting smoking, you need something to take your mind off it, and smoking cigarettes take my mind off smoking cannabis, funnily enough. :)

4. Booze. I know its bad and I'm technically still an alcoholic. But I did four years in the USMC and couldn't smoke. So I picked up drinking.

5. Find a new hobby drawing, designing, programming, playing sports, volunteer, hang around with friends that dont smoke and a bunch of other things that do not require cigs and alcohol. Although drinking is good and fun but do not get carried away.

6. Dude, just do what you want to do. Besides smoke.
    If you do absolutely NOTHING other than smoke...then shit man.

7. The worst part of stopping is the sleeplessness. If u get some nyquil or tylenol pm for the first 2-3 days it will help the insomnia. After that you should be back at your regular schedule. Keep in mind "idle hands are the devils playground."