What do you do when people...

Discussion in 'General' started by Boosh, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Simple question: What do you do when people approach you on the street for money?

2. If i have any loose change in my pockets I'd give it to them, otherwise I'd just say that i don't have any and walk off.

3. "sorry man, I only carry plastic"

4. Ironlung421 put me up on this,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VHXbJvWC6Y]YouTube - The Berrics - BUTTERY ASS MONDAYS-7[/ame]

I usually just ignore 'em; they're mostly just crackheads out here..

5. #5 chronicman00, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
    depends on a lot. but generally id probably give them something not out of pity but because its what i would want someone to do for me if i was homeless. like one time this guy was 25 cents short of a 32 ounce. i gave him 5 bucks and told him to him to guy buy two more because id be a hypocrite for not giving him any since my buddies have spotted me money on a weed sack before

6. #6 Haze23, Feb 15, 2010
    roll up my window.

Nah usually ill give spare change if i have it. People who just ignore them are disrespectful imo, the least you can fucking do is say you don't have any.

7. only if they don't have an overwhelming smell of crack or alcohol. then

I gave a guy half a pizza once

8. #8 k_semler, Feb 15, 2010
    Cigarettes: Depends on how much I have. Usually I give them a smoke and walk off. How they manage to light it isn't my problem.

Money: Get lost, we already have too many fucking bums around here. Bums are the scum of the earth and should be thrown out of town. I don't care if you're a self-sustaining vagrant, (most of them move on in 2 days' time), but bums are leeches upon a functional society.

9. any money you give them goes towards drugs, i would have to be feeling real fucking generous to give drug money to a stranger

10. if im at a stoplight and someone asks for money ill give them some change i got lying around, but if its on the street ill offer to go to the store with them and get them something cheap.

11. Depends on my mood and shit normally. However if they tell me a story about needing money for the bus i'll chuck them some change i mean at least their trying.

12. Don't fall for sob stories in LAX when waiting for a plane to pick your ass up so you can GTFO of town.

13. Oh hell don't get me wrong i know whats up with the sob stories, but to me it shows injenuity lol

14. i usually use my wit come back with a comment and let them show me how bad they need or want spange....if they get aggro i keep walkin if they cower like a dog or frown like a 2 yr old, i jus feel bad for a min....
    i was there once and u just move on to the next mark......
    I used the whole puppy on a street corner deal....sat on front street in missoula with a puppy and a sign that said..."i wanna drink, puppy needs to eat" that got me 20 bucks everyday for 5 days....
    recently in nashville and i was broke so made friends with a bum with a guitar and proceeded to make him 10 bucks off my flat picking bluegrass stylings...we went and shared a pitcher.....thats how i roll....

15. you sound like ---------------------- yeah give someone a cig but not offer a lighter WTF? So what if they ask you for a light you tell them "oo that not my problem" :laughing:

16. im constantly bombarded with homeless people asking for money theres a bum on EVERY corner asking for handouts i usualy just say no can i get some money from you??

buuuut i did hook 1 up with a huge plate of spaghetti

17. i agree but the majority of homeless people have a mental handicap not all of them are lazy peices of shit and i wouldnt say they are scum of the earth.

1 of nicest people ive met was a bum living in the alley 2blocks away but he died from drinking motor oil

18. So he was a pleasant fella but apparently not too bright. Gotcha.

Yeah, I will sometimes fork over some cash when I feel I have enough to spare. Nothing big, it's usually only 3-5 dollars. What really pisses me off are the ones that keep trying to get you to give more. This one guy I gave 3 bucks kept following me around. Basically, he was just pestering me and trying to get more of my money. Now I've never punched a down-on-his-luck homeless person but some of them have it coming.

19. Shit man if youre gonna ask me for money, dont lie to me as to what its for. If its for booze or whatever, fuckin say so! Id actually be more willing to give you the money if you dont insult my intelligence.

Hell if youre a few cents short at a store on something, I dont mind giving you some change, I aint that stingy.

20. I just tell them no, sorry. Unless I actually do have money on me (I usually don't). I'm not rich at all but I'm not stingy at all with money and I generally hate people that are.

But most homeless people scare the shit out of me honestly. Haha.