What do you do when depressed

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GreenRangerFOH, Aug 9, 2012.

1. #21 InitialToke93, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
    Because its my way of dealing, I guess its how i was brought up. But i didn't have such minor things to be sad about.

It takes ALOT to make me even remotely sad/depressed but its an unfamiliar feeling for me so when i am sad i don't know what to do i guess.

2. My advise is force yourself to exercise

Pot can bring out depression, maybe stop for a bit until you get your life on track. It can also help depression too

Take omega 3s and multivitamins

It's all tough, I know I've been depressed since 6 but you got to force yourself to work through it.

And if you masturbate daily, slow down on that too. Trust me

3. This is ALL too true, I have no idea why (perhaps a crash in serotonin/dopamine after consistent orgasms) but quitting weed and masturbation when you're feeling depressed can be key in turning it around

4. Its almost morning where I am, I've been giving out life advice for most of the night, it seems like the forum as a whole is seeking some guidance.

Would you like to talk?

5. damn...that may be the source O__O i fap 3 times daily

6. i know exactly where you're coming from, for some reason depression and excessive fapping go hand in hand. I'm not sure which causes which or if they are both caused by something else, but either way take a 2 week break from weed and the fap and work on positive thoughts and being productive instead of sitting around and complaining. see if you feel any better! :)

7. Nah im sweet i deal with my own problems but all this shit happened awhile ago anyway so its good.

Thanks for the offer though.

8. I drink alot when Im feeling down, Not the best way to cope with it OP, I would say just hang in there bud you'll feel better at some point thats what Im doing atm.

9. This. Fish oils, vitamin D and vitamin B are life savers. And exercise and eating healthy.

10. I think spending time in the sun is a healthier/more effective way to get vitamin D into your blood stream (UV rays cause skin cells to synthesize vitamin D) as well as the fact that sunlight degrades melatonin, which in excess can have you feeling run down and sleepy.

Best of luck!

11. Find/do something you're passionate about. Eating healthy and exercising help. Whenever i'm feeling down i listen to music. Music helps me get through a lot of shit. Anyway, sublime always gets my spirits up. I get a lot of good vibes from Brad, and their music.

12. ive been in a real FUNK lately as well man.. I work nights and its starting to wear on my mind.. i haven't spent more than 2 hours a day with my girlfriend since december. and im out of shape athletically as well because i havent gone to the gym. it seems like im sick of half of my friends but thats just because they always want to do the same crap.. its like living the same day over and over again... stuck in caddyshack.

13. Get a heap of episodes from a really funny/light hearted show and just watch, eat and sleep for a couple of days :)

14. i play with knifes in dimly lit rooms

15. I cry for a little then get off my sorry ass and stop bitching

16. I chain smoke and get angry.

17. Last year was the worst year of my life. First off, a girl I had been with for three months cheated on me. Second, valentines day I had a date and some assholes who I thought were my friends ruined my date.thirdly on my birthday I had big plans and I got called into work last minute only to realize my work had been raided my a crooked health inspector and I was supposed to be off that day and I ended up getting off at 10 pm. Everyone forgot about my graduation like my aunts and uncles even my dad. Only 3 of my uncles went and some friends. After that during summer my parents almost got divorced and fought every night. I met this girl who I thought was the nicest girl until I actually met her and she made me go through a month of hell. The day after I dumped her I got fired from my job for something another co worker did. When I needed some friends most turned there backs on me, out of misery I drank through my misery and toker through some as well. It helped temporary. Until I straigtened things out with myself. I'm sorry about my year ago biography but I thought I'd share to you about a similar position that I was in as well I know that we all go through some bs some point in our lives like before last year I was living a hell of a life and last year made me hit rock bottom. I was able to climb t back up. It wasn't easy but I made it I'm gonna give you some advice man, push your daily routine aside for a few weeks and figure yourself out. I did so and it really did help. You should consider changing your lifestyle or upgrading.

18. Yea OP just bang a hooker like this guy! :p For reals though the best thing to do is to just straight up not be depressed. I was depressed for 2 years and i got out of it by just waking up one day and saying fuck this basically. Theres some really good threads on here that helped me out of that stage maybe they will help you.

The biggest thing is just to stop thinking about how shitty your life is. If you keep being sad about life you wont get anywhere. Hang on there man and msg me if you need to talk.

19. Smoke yourself stupid