What do you do when depressed

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GreenRangerFOH, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Yo...everything is just sad right now. I'm gonna call my coach and tell him im not attending college this year so i can stay home and make money and i'm afraid he'll bitch me. i dont really have many friends...family life sucks cuz no one talks to each other...both my parents r unemployed. im out of shape not weight wise just..athletically. im just tired of life.

2. I know how you feel buddy but, the best thing you can do is to just hang on. :)

3. Start a new hobby, make new friends, do stuff in the community, spend time with a pet, art

4. Stop looking at what you don't have but what you do have. you only live once and you gotta make the most of it, think positive and who cares how many friends you have dude. i learned that it isn't how many friends you have its the quality. i would rather have 3 real friends that i can open up too than hundreds of acquaintances. you're out of shape? workout then, it'll make you feel better physically and mentally if you stick to it.

5. UI bud you in Oregon so we can hang.

6. How about instead of sitting on your ass and pouting about how much your life "sucks", you get up go run and get in shape, go to college, and graduate so you have a much better chance of having a comfortable life and a lower chance of being unemployed like both of your parents.

7. I'm in the same situation OP. You are not alone. Although I am getting better everyday. Fucking girls.

8. Listen to the saddest, most hopelessly depressing and melancholy music you can. That's what I always do.

9. thats what i plan to do. but that's LONG term. im looking for happiness right dafuq now.

10. When I'm depressed, I don't eat for many days and can be very short tempered with people. Then after I've had my time to recover, I move on.

Just my way of taking on life.

11. You aint gonna find happiness on the internet holmes

12. [quote name='"Big Juice"']You aint gonna find happiness on the internet holmes[/quote]

so tru

13. Adult swim, friends, video games, weed in that order while getting a plan together in my head of changing my life in the morning...at the same damn time! 4real though this guy my mom knows named Chris Gardener once told me baby steps count too. Dude was at the bottom of the totem pole living in bathrooms with his son while trying to cultivate something out of nothing. Fast forward to now he's worth millions and had a movie made about his struggle by Will Smith. baby steps man, baby steps

14. Eat healthy, dude.
    Your happiness has a lot to do with how your body feels on the inside. Look into hemp food products :) Start walking, enojoy nature.. Find something physical you like doing, get sunlight. Adequate sleep is also so important to maintaing weight and just your overall wellness.

15. Jeez, what is all this garbage about instant gratification?

GOOD THINGS TAKE TIME.

You want instant happiness? Do drugs.

You want to be happy? Do things to better yourself. Learn a craft. Start a fucking business! Have the business crash and burn and say "HELL YEAH I TRIED" and then try again. If you get into a depressive loop (and it happens, and it sucks) you start to think you have no options but god damnit my friend you do have options, but the only reason you don't see them is that you are too overwhelmed by the current and the now.

I was held back before. I was tired, lazy, depressed, run down.

and then one day I said: Fuck that shit!

And I applied myself positively and I fixed life up, now I've got a steady job, I'm motivated, I'm happy, and I'm working on several inventions and businesses as I type this.

Its worth repeating.

GOOD THINGS THAT ARE WORTHWHILE TAKE TIME. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE WORTHWHILE.

Instant gratification is just about as good as instant coffee (Its shit!)

PM me if you want to talk, I'm good with this stuff.

16. [quote name='"HippoPotamus420"']Adult swim, friends, video games, weed in that order while getting a plan together in my head of changing my life in the morning...at the same damn time! 4real though this guy my mom knows named Chris Gardener once told me baby steps count too. Dude was at the bottom of the totem pole living in bathrooms with his son while trying to cultivate something out of nothing. Fast forward to now he's worth millions and had a movie made about his struggle by Will Smith. baby steps man, baby steps[/quote]

Pursuit of happiness?

17. #17 InitialToke93, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
    Smoke weed or drink i guess when im sad? I dunno i've never been depressed and my life as been absolute SHIT at points. I think that word gets thrown around to much.

All the stuff you listed are minor problems, Don't worry about them.

18. This is bad advice if you actually want to be happy. If you are not seeking long term happiness (and want to risk losing a sober coping mechanism) then go ahead with the coping thing.

19. Im not giving him advice, Im saying what i do when im sad.

20. If you don't mind my asking, why do you choose to do that?

Its so emotionally unhealthy to not be able to handle problems without a substance shielding your conscience.