What do you do to save a few dollars?

Discussion in 'General' started by PhillyBleez, Jul 26, 2012.

1. I keep my McDonald's cups and clean them out so if I really need a drink I just go to mcdonalds and get a refill :)

2. I steal other people's piggy banks.

3. Unless you live next door to Mickey's D's or ride a bike doesn't it cost more in gas to drive there than the refill?
    Who would voluntarily drink McD's coffee anyway? Worse than
    elephant piss or it used to be anyway. I am a coffee snob, Starbucks is sub-par in my book also.
    Cheers:D

4. i just walk up there and ask for a water cup and fill it with whatever then walk out.

im horrible with money actually.

i did just find out my old dealer is back in the game. so that will save me about $20 every time i get a quarter or a half. which is definitely good. im in the process of trying to quit drinking.

5. [quote name='"1badbruce"']

Unless you live next door to Mickey's D's or ride a bike doesn't it cost more in gas to drive there than the refill?
    elephant piss or it used to be anyway. I am a coffee snob, Starbucks is sub-par in my book also.
    Cheers:D[/quote]

I live like 5 minutes walking to a McD and I was talking about the pop(soda) that's what you guys call it in the US right? Aha

6. [quote name='"1badbruce"']

Unless you live next door to Mickey's D's or ride a bike doesn't it cost more in gas to drive there than the refill?
    Cheers:D[/quote]

What companies do you consider the best coffee makers?

7. #7 SoulessStoner, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
    I just quit buying things like normal people do if I have to save a lot of course, but other than that I:

Roll my own cigs
    Get water at restaurants
    Waterfall/gravity bongs
    Vape
    Leave my debit card home

8. Well i used to just give change like pennies and nickels and stuff to my little sister but recently i started saving it up for a month and on the last day of the month i cash that in. Ussually get like 10-20 dollars each time and i invest that in some real cheep weed to keep me tied over until the weekend.
    I only spent the extra dollars on weed once cause i just started smoking. I used to spend it all on candy. haha

9. #9 Window Frame, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
    Thats what we call it in Pennsylvania. If you go outside the state and ask for pop people will stare at you like you are from another planet.

Edit: To save money I buy in bulk as far as weed goes. Try to find the two for one or three for one deals on 2 litres of pop. Don't have a cell phone. Just got a home phone through the TV service. That seems to be working better then Verizon trying to suck my blood out in contract form.

Thats about it.

10. I just don't spend money on shit I don't need .

Roll with mids , dank in the bong .

11. Make my own coffee instead of going to dunkins every day haha

12. Run away when it's time to pay a hooker

13. My boyfriend and I throw all of our spare change that we get from any cash transaction into a jar. At the end of the year (or when it has filled up) we take it to the bank and get it put into bills.
    Last time we did this we waited about 2 years and we had $450 in small change. Half went to exercise equipment and the other half for a bag of weed.

I use coupons as much as I can as well which helps us save a few dollars here and there. We also don't eat out nearly as much as we used to. Making all of our meals has saved us at least $300 a month, our grocery bills consist of cheap and easy to make food that goes a long ways.

I have always been really stingy with my money so it's hard to find more ways to save a few bucks here and there, haha.

14. Found a sale on CFLs- replaced all the lights in the house as they burned out.

I shop for clothing at the end of season close-outs ($20 blouse- $2), and also thrift shops.

I have learned which stores have the best prices on what items. The "little corner store" usually has onions at half the price of all the other stores and the rest of their produce prices are pretty good, too.

I eat less meat, and more veggies. I grow some of my food. I cook from scratch and I don't buy junk food. (figure out the price per pound for potato chips some day!)

I drink home-made iced tea instead of soda. The Dollar Store usually has various types of tea. Right now I am drinking a combo of Earl Gray and Citrus Ginseng tea sweetened with stevia. Stevia comes from a plant and is way sweeter and cheaper than sugar. (1 pound of stevia lasts me almost a year- $37 from Owl's Nest Plantation, online. The "Sweetleaf" brand from store is weak.)

Recycle! (even the stuff they don't pay you for!)

Granny

15. We (wife, myself and the little one) stopped eating out. We were going out probably 3x a week and spending around $30-$40 per meal. That extra $500/mo adds up quick....so now we go out to dinner maybe once a month?

16. I buy in bulk whenever I can. Costco executive membership always brings a check that more than pays for the membership cost.

Coupons are another way to save a lot of money and is not difficult to utilize. One local grocery store always has $5 Friday specials and I buy several items every time.
    CFL's around the house has already been mentioned.
    When I need more MMJ, I go to a new shop and utilize the first time incentives. One local shop has $150 Oz Fridays.... I go there about once a month. Growing my own now, just went to bloom yesterday.
    I shop for the best prices before I make a major purchase.

17. Out here in the USA we used to call it pop but that's when I was a kid & that's considered old fashion now. Mostly we just call it soda or use the trade name , such as Coke. but the stuff is actually poison.
    Cheers:D

18. Everyone calls it pop where I'm at...

19. That's stealing.

Myself, having been raised by Depression-era parents, nickle and dime some things, and splurge on others (which they NEVER did).

I wash Ziploc bags and keep using them til the zipper wears out.

I make my own lemonade by buying concentrated lemon juice and adding one tablespoon per cup of water into a big pitcher.

I make all meals from scratch, never drink pop.

I heat with wood and coal.

The last lawnmower I bought was in 1975. Friends/relatives give me theirs that they are tired of or they quit running, and I fix them. Quite often it's no more than a 10 minute job.

Thinks I splurge on: When I take a female out to dinner, or go out with a group, I spare nothing. Whatever we want, we get. And I tip well.

I drive a much more expensive truck than I really need, and I trade them in for a new one when they get 30,000 - 40,000 miles on them.

I have (when it was new) a fairly expensive Harley.

I have spent thousands on guns and musical instruments.

etc.

20. Wendys dollar menu...i get more than a meal for under $5. Im starting to get extremely sick of it though:/