What do you do for a living?

Discussion in 'General' started by asus, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Do you plan on growing the stickiest icky, or perhaps just working in a lab?

To those studying or still seeking their ideal career, what do you really want to do for a check?

My hopes are in either getting my M.D. or Ph. D, maybe both. I'd like to teach at the university level or maybe be a primary care physician.

2. I am an Audio engineer with a background in PC repair and I am also working on re-learning web design via dreamweaver and understanding how CSS works in tandem with HTML. Basically I am an audio engineer who is learning to build websites again :p.

3. I go to school for game simulation programming and to pro tournaments for GOW2. Pays excellent if you win them. About 80k a year is good for right now.

4. work full time. factory. sucks. but money/benefits are good.

also i'm on third shift which i like and don't like... the hours are cool, but at the same time is sucks cause if i want to do anything during the night on a weekday, i have to constantly be looking at a clock so i can leave for work in time. and i won't smoke after i wake up on a weekday, cause the last thing i need is to come into work looking even slightly stoned. i already made it through my initial random tests, but they can still test me any time they want, basically. but if i fail one i don't automatically loose my job, but i would have to stop smokin cause i'd get regular randoms then.

one or two more years at that place though, and then i should be out. savin' up money now + paying some shit off, then off to school.

5. Yeah, man! Do what you got to do. Get those bills paid. Save up some money.

Getting an education is a great idea. Keep hope alive. If you work hard you will definitely succeed.

6. I am a chemical dependency major. I have been unemployed for over 6 months :(

7. Chicks, man.

8. I plan on heading to college next fall. I really have no idea what I want to do with my life, but I have been thinking auto mechanic. Good money, and something I hopefully will like to do. I love cars, but I don't have much experence working on them. I'm completely lost. My main goals right now are graduating high school, and getting the fuck out of this horrible close-minded household I live in.

9. I work in the C-ward, which is the schizophrenic ward. Yes, I do sometimes have to put people under when they get incredibly violent.

10. I sit on my ass all day and get paid for it. (Unemployment) I'm now officially on my 2nd month unemployed, (as of today).

11. I am a web developer for an electronics company. I spend all day sitting at home getting high making web sites and applications.

12. I flirt with cougars at dive bars, do it right and you end up with a sugar momma or 5.

13. lmfao. my fiance is 10 years older than me. shes always getting called a cougar :hello:

14. I too am a University student with a major in Biology and trying to focus on the field of genomics and cellular and molecular biology. I'm really happy/excited because I just got into a Nucleic Acids laboratory today :D I love lab based courses! I should be working in a local doctor's office too soon as a receptionist and may potentially also be getting a job/internship with a company...and I may have to quit smoking for a bit until a drug test is administered.

15. i graduated high school in december.

joining the Air Force in summer/fall..

man i'ma miss weed :(

16. Retired from one career, currently running the family business until I can sell it and retire completely. Estimated taxes suck, BTW.

17. I would love to have my own business/practice/whatever.

I just want to be my own boss.

18. I'm the same way, I have a hard time taking orders from others. I just wanna do my own thing. Maybe I'll have a private lab built into my house when I have money to afford one.

19. Let's keep this going. Where are all the stoner doctors/lawyers/engineers? I hate the lazy/dumb weed smoker stereotype.

I myself am an full time electrical engineering student and a manager at McDonalds when I need some extra cash.

20. There are a few threads on this already :cool:

hahaha but you used the search button! Gold star for you :)