What do you do for a living?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GanjaEveryDay, Jan 22, 2013.

1. How hard was it to get into the industry?
    I'm moving to California and I would love to work at a dispensary.

Thanks

2. I'm a secret service operative.

3. i make 9$ an hour washing dishes and prepping food at a chinese resturant

4. Doing a 10 month course in September to become a power engineer. Working up in the alberta oil sands, six figures right out of school.

5. Was working for a catering company. Good money for the time being and worked with a lot of cool peoples. But I moved away from where that job was a few months ago and havent found anything new. Still go work over there for them once or twice a month tho

6. I teach an industrial trade at a college.

7. #107 frickenhuge, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2013
    I'm a doctor (MD)

Pretty satisfying job but the hours are pretty brutal. I love the challenges that every day brings, even though most of what I do is paperwork to cover my ass. I average about 65-70 hours a week, some times 80+ if I have sick patients. Most months I get 4 days off... Good luck even trying for a whole weekend, which sucks!

Currently a resident in a subspecialty field so I don't make too much at the moment $48,000. Not much after i make a payment on my massive student loan debt ($250,000), mortgage, utilities, child care, food, ect. I feel broke, but my wife and I do ok.

Averages in the field once I get out though are $350,000 and up :) only 4 more years to get there

8. I am a waiter at a pizza restaurant. If its slow i make like 12 an hour but if its busy i can make like 17 an hour. Not bad for being a full-time student at a big twelve school.

9. nothing right now. lol hoping to become a glassblower as soon as I start my seasonal job and save up enough money.

10. I work at the largest gas/electric utility in California.

And yes, we know you grow indoors.

11. I am currently a p o s t a l w o r k e r and I make 15/hr being temporary.

I will make 22 if I get hired on as a regular. Probably not gonna that stay long though.

I'm gonna start looking at jobs at the department of v e t e r a n s a f f a i r s. I worked at a desk job in the military and I loved it.

Yah. I'm a little afraid of google search lol.

12. I sell propane and propane accessories.

13. That's awesome.
    Do you even have time to blaze?

14. Certainly not as much as I used to, but I still get down when I can. Stoners can be successful! All about balance and love of the herb :smoking:

15. How much smoking do you generally feel comfortable with given your responsibilities? I'm trying to get others input in order to come up with some decent boundaries for myself.

16. I work at a moving company it's an awesome job honestly, except for the pay haha. All the guys blaze and I'm easily the youngest (18) but they're all awesome plus the good tips at the end of the day make the hard work worth it :D

17. I'm a cna. Pays $10 an hour ftl.

18. $10 an hour?! What the hell, you deserve way more pay than that!

19. I'm a paramedic/fireman and usually have an edible on the rare occasions when I am off. It gets discouraging seeing folks addicted to, or overdosing on, pain pills (many times accidentally) and knowing how they could benefit from cannabis.

20. Good fucking job. Really i would love to be a doctor i just couldn't imagine all the school and don't have the money for it but its always interested me and i bet it feels great to know you're a doctor. You deserve all the money that shall soon come you're way. I was wondering though is med school as hard as everyone says I've genuinly been considering it as its my senior year in hs. Sorry if this was kinda random another one of my high rambles