Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What Do You Consider A seasoned Toker?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by terpsnation, Jun 1, 2013.

1. #1 terpsnation, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
    Hey all,

I've been thinking about this for a bit.  What do you all consider a "seasoned toker"?  I feel like it differs between people, but I'm not entirely sure.

To me, I see a seasoned toker as an older person who has been smoking for an extended period of time and who has a great appreciation for marijuana.  I'm sure others just see a seasoned toker as someone who has smoked for a while, or smokes a lot, or knows a lot about weed - regardless of age.

I never really post in this subforum because I don't see myself as a seasoned toker.  I've been smoking for a rather long time, but am also young - and so I don't really fit into my idea of seasoned toker.

What do you think?

2. Why do we need to have a way to differentiate ourselves from one another? What's to be gained?

3. Not saying that we "need" to differentiate ourselves - just that everyone has different perspectives on generalizations that occur in society.

And you may want to ask the Grasscity mods about that, since that's how their main subforums are set up :p

It just seems like another way for one person to say they're better than another. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Most of the "seasoned" smokers in this forum grew up on wrong information anyway.

Yeah, this can be true I suppose, but I don't necessarily see seasoned tokers as better than me, or any other "normal" toker.  I think it's just a natural subset of the smoking culture.

Unfortunately, I feel like many kids nowadays are still growing up with the wrong information as well, since our government refuses to face the facts.

I don't see them as a better either but I always encounter someone who says something is correct because they've been smoking for x years. Giving people a way to keep that kind of mentality always seemed wrong to me. It's why I've never been a big fan of the smoking culture.

Everyone has access to correct information now. You're not forced to only listen to what you hear because everyone has access to a computer these days. If you're ignorant about something these days it's because you choose to be.

7. It's a way to tell all the noobs and kids apart from the mature real stoners. 

8. I would say it's based more on knowledge and appreciation than age and term of use. I don't think every old hippie smoking weed is a seasoned toker, but on the same coin I don't think many college potheads are seasoned either.