What do you Blades think of my CFL veg box?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Sickleg, Jan 31, 2011.

1. #1 Sickleg, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2011
    I just finished this build (took me about an hour and a half) and I am quite happy with the results!

The reason this is in outdoor sections is because I wont be finishing in this box.

Tell me any changes you can recommend that would be very low budget.
    This reflective material is this viola tissue gift wrap I found at the dollar store. Anybody used this stuff before?

Oh, and the incandescents are just for testing purposes!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. get cfls dude, those incandescents are gonna give off alot of heat, especially with 4 in a small tote box, plus incandescents make seedlings stretchy and lanky, and they use alot of watts

3. no no no no no.

Take all of that out of there.

you want to put CFL lights in there.

and you dont need that many lights in there.

also, you will like having the shit on a string rather then nailed to the walls of the grow as you can control the height of the light.

also you want 6500K lights for veg.

not those you have.

4. #4 Sickleg, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2011
    Guys, did you bother reading the OP??

In fact the Title of the thread is "CFL veg box".
    Why would I not want that many lights? The more the better is what I've heard. I plan on having a total of 6.

The lights will not be raised and lowered. Instead, I will raise and lower a platform that the pots will sit on.

I will get 6500k's but I haven't bought the bulbs yet as i won need it for several more months.

5. Nice box. Really though it kind of complicates a simple situation. Home depot carries a t5 light for 30 bucks. It is four feet long and really that is all you need. Pop the seeds, hang the light and veg. It will veg out some monsters with one light and you don't have to fool with reflective material and fans. Once you put them out the sun will make them huge anyways. Boxes are better for indoor grows in my opinion but still good job.

6. ditch the tin foil stuff man. i had a very similar setup last season and started my seedlings in it with great results. you just need some cfl's or a t5 like suggested.