What do you and your friends talk about?

Discussion in 'General' started by Came0, Dec 28, 2010.

1. I ask this, because I noticed that me and my friends actually have some deep, meaningful, intelligent, and random-as-shit conversations!

I mean, today we were trying to define "boredom" when debating whether it was an emotion or not, and we settled on "it's a state of mind". The conversation was about what we would still experience if the world was completely emotionless, we settled for things like boredom, excitement, depression...

And not too long ago we were trying to (without the internet) list or define what animals fell into what category and why, debated over the living conditions of amphibians vs. crustaceans, and how frogs can actually drown and so why amphibians were inferior to crabs.

These were just random, casual conversations, lasting even hours sometimes. So: What do you and your friends (mostly) converse about?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Music
    Movies
    Books
    School/work
    Future plans
    Politics
    What's been happening in our lives and what we want to happen.

I've got a few girlfriends who literally have nothing to say about anything unless it's gossiping about someone else. That, I cannot deal with. The saying "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss other people" (something like that) really stuck with me when I first heard it.

I really can't picture my biggest idols sitting around gossiping like little school girls. Fuuck that.

3. Football
    Basketball
    School
    Evolution/other interesting topics in biology
    Sex
    Current Events (but not so much politics)
    Video Games

I think we generally have conversations that are really deep and meaningful or alternatively extremely crude and not meaningful. Not a lot of middle ground.

4. Yeah you're lucky as hell I've realized most my friends just talk about random bullshit its like they dont even know...just blah blah blah like most people

I love them always but few kids I chill with really like engaging in deep conversation

but GC is good for this :)

5. life, girls, cars, drugs, music, dreams, ionno jus whatever the mood is

6. randomness like you talk about
    sports
    music
    drugs
    our lives

i hate when people just gossip and talk about other people and what they do. i try to stay away from those people.

7. Your guys' conversational topics make me and my friends sound like the dudes on wikipedia debating on whether an article is accurate or not. Have you ever read those discussions!?

8. Really, really, really odd shit. I don't even know how we get on our topics sometimes.

I also agree with See Emily Play, ughh I hate gossip and drama.

9. Same here unfortunately, I'll scratch the surface now and then but never get as deep as I'd like. Likewise, I come here to deal with that issue.

• Like Like x 1
  10. me and my home boi discuss things like the falsehood of religion, whether or not we're alone in the universe, and about our experiences and what we learn from them etc. to random everyday shit and interest :cool:

11. That's also a common topic for me and the mate I usually have these conversations with.

12. When I am with my friends we talk about:
    The Bud were toking on.
    The Bud were about to get.
    The Bud we wanna get.
    Which Bud gives you a better high.
    We talk about life and how it is.
    We talk about when were going to get high next.
    & If this doesn't make any sense at all, it is okay. It is just cause I am blazed out of my mind.

13. Hmm...depends on the friends, between all of
    them I would say the convos are usually about:

Music.
    Movies.
    Television.
    Games.
    Life.
    Money.
    Food.
    News.
    the Herb.
    Party.
    Shopping.
    Dogs.Cats.Whatever pets.
    Stories.
    Philosophy, Religion, etc...the deeper stuff...
    Work. but that's gay.

The usual.

14. Drugs, Music, Books, Females, Whiskey.

15. I wish I had friends I could talk to about weed, since I can count about only 2 of mine that do use/accept it, and neither of them are good/close friends...

16. Damn man all my friends are stoners, everyone I know gets high.

17. government conspiracies

18. with my good friends i talk about almost everything. we don't really talk about religion though. but basically everything else people have mentioned and just random shit we see if we're out

and yeah those people that just gossip are so awkward. when i'm around them and they try to gossip to me, i'm just like ooh yeah and i have nothing to add and it just gets awkward

19. I don't mind listening to gossip, but I never do it myself. I'm an incredibly nosy person when it comes to others' affairs...

20. Wow I wish my friends talked about some of the stuff you guys do.

Our usual topics include:
    drugs / drink
    why today's weed isn't as good as yesterdays Fire
    hopeless discussion between 'chronic'/'kush' strains
    women
    bitches
    hoes
    skeezers/skanks/ and hood rats
    money
    guns
    latest neighborhood news
    discuss latest police raid
    police presence and possible reasons why
    who went to jail
    who's been shot
    who's been killed
    who's a snitch
    Latest beef
    And the dumbass who broke the last bong

Its cool. I dont hate the topics, but it leaves me unprepared for when I chit chat with the 'straight laced' people at work/school.

Ex. Classmate: "OMG like I went outside to lock my Prius, and I stepped on a slug....WITHOUT shoes on!! It was so gross and disgusting, Hahaha, I'm so witty because I do/say weird things :)"
    Me:"... my friend took three slugs to the chest this weekend, he died."
    classmate: "O.O"

p.s. literally heard that stupid ass slug story 6 times...three times in one day. It also came up multiple times that semester.

I really would love to chill and kick it with people who had time in their life to actually ponder and wonder about life in general and be able to see beauty in the chaos of the real world.