What do y'all think

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bigcity101, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Using flora Nova grow
    p.h 5.8 will add what amounts used I believe it was
    1st week no nutes
    2nd week no nutes
    3rd week an oz every two days
    4th week 4.5 oz
    5th week all I added was tonight 2oz gonna add another 2 tomorrow

My Rez 18 gallons

2. Also my ppm Is 1800 w/o water ppm

3. You have to get those ppm's down,way too high.
    You should have the ppm's between 300 and 500 for seedlings and young plants.

4. Looking good, maybe a tad heavy on the nutes, but as they getting bigger they will need more. If that's the only light you have your gonna want to put them into flower soon.

5. This is 5th week veg an i think the ppms is high cuz of floranova grow which is thick as fuck I heard people keeping it at 1800 with Lucas formula an other people saying cuz of floranova grow when using it it's high like that

6. Those plants should be twice that size at 5weeks. I use Flora Duo and my plants are already in flower at week 4, 3x that big.

7. If you have no experience growing MJ plants, a hydro setup probably isn't what you want to start with. Keeping it simple and as basic as possible to start with is the best way to go for the new grower. If you're going to use a hydro setup to start with, you better darn well do your homework and learn what these plants need as far as nutrition all throughout their lives....hint...their needs change with each different cycle. As a matter of fact, the more informed and better understanding you have about the whole process, the higher the likelihood you will succeed.

Before you flower this many plants, you need to make sure that the lighting you plant to flower with can handle and flower out that many plants. Better light means better plants overall and a much better weight at harvest. CFLs will veg a plant nicely, but when it comes to flowering them out, they suck. You at least need LED or HPS to force them to give you all they've got and get some weight at harvest time after cure. Flowering with CFLs only gets you major disappointment because you get lots of underdeveloped buds by not having strong enough wattage over them for flower. Each plant needs strong enough wattage, correct spectrum and space to grow to get optimum yield. You don't decide how many plants to grow...the light you have for flower will determine how many plants you can flower successfully. Flowering more for the sake of flowering more without having the light to support it, just gets you thin and scragly plants because they're constantly reaching for light. Give all the good light you have to one plant...if that's all the light you have to support flowering, and get the most from a single plant. You can always harvest more from one plant that gets all the light it needs, is tended properly and and given the space to grow without being crowded out by other plants and shading out the light from penetrating the canopy of the plant.

I don't grow hydro...haven't gotten up the nerve yet. Started with soil and it's worked just fine, so stuck with it. I'm not anti "nute," but I like the idea of keeping my plants as chemical free as possible and when using a good formulated grow soil, the soil does 80% of the work for you as far as taking care of the nutritional needs of the plant....so it's worth the money to me. I can either spend the money on soil or spend the money on bottles of nutes, so I choose the soil route. LOL

You need to either get yourself a hydro mentor who knows the game and can help you figure out where you're messing up, or get on the net and read till your eyes pop out and figure out what the problems are. Resolution temps are always a biggie I see discussed regarding hydro growing, but the biggest thing is getting a handle on how to feed your plants and keep from frying them in the process. Nutes aren't the magic to growing a large plant and getting a nice weight at harvest. Lighting is responsible for that. Nutes are simply plant food and to do well with hydro, you've got to understand the plant's diet. Best of luck. TWW

8. I kind of agree, but soil or soilless mediums can be a bigger nightmare. Hydro has many meanings and I think handwatering Rockwool is the easiest way for anyone, you don't have to worry about any PH anything or PPM anything as long as the nutrient solution going in is between 5.5 and 6.0, your good to go. I'm using RW mini chunks and have been for years, handwater once a day. I get 6-7 Oz's per 2 gallon pot under 400hps.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I no what I'm doing lol I'm asking if they look sick 1800 ppm is normal an I started from seed right into

11. Second flora duo is different then flora Nova I'm gonna go to the three part after this floranova grow is horrid N shit

12. Yeah I know it's different, hence the different name. 3 part is good but 2 part is cheaper and easier. One less bottle to buy and one less step.