what do ya think?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by online_doper, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Trial and Error. I know enough about that. This is like my 4th attempt to grow indoor. I just cant get ANY results! So, I am gonna type up a VERY detailied file on everything I have right now.

Lights: 2 Flouresent Lights. (4 bulbs, 2 fixtures)
    Soil: Potting Soil enhanced with organic matter (rotten vegetables)
    ----------------
    I am using an egg carton to start the seedlings in.
    ----------------
    What I did:

First, I wet a coffee filter and placed 5 seeds on the filter. I folded the filter in half and placed it inside a sandwich bag. I then pushed all the air out of the bag, and laid it under the lights for 5 days. Today, I opened the bag to discover 4 of the 5 seeds were growing. They each had about a 1 3/4" "root" on them. I took these seedlings and placed them root down in the egg cups (1 per cup). I then watered the soil until moistened. Currently they are under the lights about 1 1/2" from the bulb.
    -----------------
    Lighting Time:

I havent been using an exact time. I've just been turning the lights off when I go to sleep, and turning them on when I wake up. I turn them off at about 10:30P.M and I turn them on at about 6:30A.M. Is this enough light?
    -----------------
    Please give me any tips or suggestions to make this 5th attempt better.

2. no need for lights if they haven't broken the soil yet......

what was the point in putting the baggy of seeds under a light??? You need to be very careful when you start seeds like that..... very easy to fuck up.

I usually (when I need to start new mothers) just soak them in a bottle of water over night in a warm place (over the fridge) and wait to see which ones sink and witch ones don't..... the one's that don't stay in a little longer to make sure... the rest go straight into soil to be grown out and cloned later to tell sex.

3. Once they break the surface you should keep the light on for at least 18 hours a day, with fluros maybe 24 hrs. Go to the grow guide under one of sidious's posts and study what's there. All you need for a first successful grow is there.
    Good luck!

4. V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    Vthe guides down here....good luck.....Peace out........Sid