What do White Hairs mean?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Telebubbies, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Hey guys. I have a unknown strain plant growing outside. I got the seed from some weed I bought. So I am not sure if it is a male or a female. But this is 3 weeks into its life, and it is showing some white hairs on the top? I grow some branded seeds indoors and outdoors too, and I have never seen white hairs like this on a plant. Is it possible that this is a male plant? I have never seen a male plant before so it could be.. Can you guys help me confirm what these white hairs mean?

Camera didn't focus well on the hairs ):
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Looks like preflowers to me but it very hard to tell as the pictures as out of focus

3. That's what I thought! This plant is outside grown. And also, as you can see, it is very young. 3 weeks to be exact. Is it possible for a plant to be getting preflowers already..?

4. I'm not an expert..total newbie..is it an auto? If it is it would flower at a set time in its life regardless of wether it had been stunted due to stress....

5. This is so mind boggling and I am so intrigued to figure this out. And no. It is not an auto. I bought a bag from a new dealer and decided to plant one of the seeds. So it could be a male for all I know.
    At first I wanted to kill the plant because I thought it was a male. Then I posted a pic of it onto my snapchat and people told me that it is a female. I do not know what the white hair is!!

6. Get another pic and then somebody will probably be able to help...

7. I don't think that anyone else is going to reply.. But here is another picture:

Attached Files:

8. Ignore the text in that picture. We have a lot of different strains growing outside, and my brother told me that it was the O.G Kush. But that strain is really unknown. And I said that it was a male because of what I was told.

All in all, just ignore that text. We thought it was a different plant we were growing

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think it is the preflowers on your plant. This is how mine looked.....

20170519_175712.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Have you seen anything like I am experiencing? My plant is small. It only has one stem. It's main stem. It is too pre mature to be flowering

11. The only thing you can do is wait and watch...it's hard to properly see the size of yours..

12. from what I understand ( newbie ) the amount of light it gets dictates when flowering starts , not enough light they will start to flower

• Like Like x 1
  13. That's right with a photo 12 hours or less of light per day and they will flower. I'm a newbie too...just chopped my first 2 plants...indoor grow though...if you have a look at my grow journal here's a lot of pics on there of my plants around a similiar age....