What do we really want, and why.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by smokin-n-tokin, Nov 25, 2009.

1. I personally would be fine with decriminalizing weed. just make it another plant no different then roses or buttercups,lol

Legality will only turn it to a commodity i think, and thats not what i want from weed. "yeah can i get a pack of export A extra green, and a pack of gum?"

2. I would be thrilled with any change to our nation's cannabis policy. However in the end, it needs to be re-legalized. People need to stop going to jail for possession and use of it. Bottom line. Its a plant... why get locked up for responsible use? Legalization would definitely change things in the world.

3. Yea it is a plant.. that i and many others enjoy smoking. Tobacco is a plant, yet it is sold as a commodity. I want marijuana to be recognized as a safe plant, and treated like alcohol. Because recreationally that's how it should be, you don't drive drunk or go to work drunk and the same should go for marijuana.

Countries decide to decriminalize or legalize for different reasons, decrim. imo is an option taken when you want usage rates to go down because you view the drug negatively, and legalizing is recognizing that it is safe enough to be legally available to all adults about 18 or 21.

Plus only small amounts are legal with decriminalization i believe

4. I want it completely legal. I'm lazy and would rather walk into a store and buy a pack like people do with cigarettes. God that would be nice.

5. Why don't you want it to become a commodity? Do you have a problem with sugar, pork bellies or unleaded gasoline being commodities?

I happen to think that hemp becoming a commodity is exactly what's needed. You keep the buds, I'll take the rest of the plant. And I'll make this world a much better place because of it.

6. legalize the shit. make it cheaper, damn....

7. I voted for decriminalization. I don't like the thought of tobacco companies taking it over and putting a truck load of shit in it like cigs.

I'd much rather have a little marijuana garden in my front yard :smoke:

8. How would legalization stop you from having a garden? Given the difference in addiction potential and the ease with which we could grow in a legal environment, it would be much more difficult to profit from contaminated weed. Besides, don't you think, even if they do start making fucked up weed, that there would be clean competition, like American Spirit.

9. But why would legalization stop you from growing a garden?

10. i say legalize it

because a rose by any other name would smell as sweet

11. :smoking:......

12. Correct me if im wrong but if it is legalized it will be taxed out the ass.I have no problem with a tax but i have a feeling they would put a heavy tax on it

13. Either option has its advantages and disadvantages. I think either one is preferable to what we have now, but for different reasons.

14. Should be legal to grow no taxes. I'm not getting excited about the thought considering it may not come soon. ppl that wanna take thing should have the right to.

15. My problem with commodity comes when its mass produced in the interest of maximum profit for monopolized companies who dont care about the product the way they should.

Do i want it packaged and sold with most likely added chemicals? No. For instance, most people will agree that marijuana doesnt burn perfectly, why not add something to change that like tobacco right?

Hemp can indeed be used for all sorts of commodities, and because of its ability to be more sustainable then the resources we use to now to produce the same item, i would like to see it be used.

16. Even with a heavy tax it's still going to be cheaper than it is currently.

17. Legalize, because no one should do time for cannabis, or be taxed under a prohibitionist model (a.k.a. "fined.") We should also not prop up a lucrative black market complete with violent conflicts.

All sorts of states have "decriminalized" to varying degrees. Your poll is not a very accurate one without outlining what version of "de-criminalization" your are envisioning. ;)

18. #18 Klao, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2009
    I find the whole "decriminalization" argument extremely insulting. What they're basically saying is that they understand marijuana is generally harmless (in relative terms), and people should be allowed to decide for themselves whether or not to indulge ...

...and yet, they still want a government-enforced way to "disapprove" of it. Fuck that. The government is about protecting the rights of its citizens. They shouldn't be legislating morality (because some people, socially conservative people, have a VERY funny idea of what falls under the "moral" umbrella). The government should not be in the business of "protecting" people from themselves (certainly not at the point of a gun) , fucking PERIOD!

If you're going to decriminalize, just legalize. It's grasping at straws.

19. Eh I'll be fine personally either way, but morally it should be legal no doubt about it zero arguments against it.

20. #20 lar20, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2009
    decriminalized. i say that for a couple reasons. for one i dont want america fucking up marijuana by putting loads of chemicals in it like they allow tobacco companys to do. also i dont care about it being illegal now so if it was decriminalized it wouldnt stop me from buying it and grwoing it and smoking it so i wouldnt really care. and also it would keep many people out of prison from a stupid crime that shouldnt even be a crime. the only downside i can think of this is that the black market will still be making a lot of money but its not like that weed would make a giant impact considering all the other drugs and other illegal money making activitys there are