what do u guys prefer hydro/organic

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 400watts, Oct 20, 2010.

1. was thinking of changing to hydro seem EZ and less expensive

but never done it so i dont really no if its easier just seems that way

less problem like not gonna deal with overwatering it or not enough water

WHAT DO U GUYS PREFER???

2. hydro can be a little tough for beginners if you try to build it all yourself, it has a lot of variables but if you tune them in all right you can get a huge healthy plant really fast. organic bud is supposedly more colorful, fruitful, and tasty opposing to weed grown with chemicals. i might go organic next time around just to see what its all about.

3. Build a bubble bucket. Use the lucas formula. Can't go wrong.

4. i think ima go hydro just 1 time for next gro just to see the diff in looks smell taste and to see which is less messier

5. I don't know about "easier" but definitely worth trying and comparing for yourself. I've done both and prefer soil now, it's much less hassle for me, and the buds are just a little nicer to smoke... My 2cents.

6. hydro is great as long as you can keep res temps down you can even do organic hydro which is even better!!

7. i think ima try 1 bubble bucket right now so i had a Q does it have to be from seed or can i buy a clone

8. either or....if the clone is rooted in a medium you just put that in a netpot with some hydroton and then your ready to go

9. Doin my first hydro grow now. 5 weeks flowering and the buds have this....vanilla citrus smell. Im thinking they will taste good.

Time will tell I guess.

And the previous posters are right. A BB setup with good lights, and you can grow some great herb.

10. Whatever you do, make dam sure your hydro system doesnt have any leaks in it. Or you will be wishing you stuck with soil. LOL

11. can you elaborate?

12. #12 GrapeStreet, Oct 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2010
    MEDIUM
    --

Hydroponics - Growing using water as the growth medium.
    Aeroponics - Same, but the water is misted or vaporized instead of flowing or aerated.
    Soil - Using humus as the medium
    Soilless - Using something besides humus (coco coir, or soilless mixes)

METHOD
    --
    Organic - All nutrients/Fungicides/Pesticides/Herbicides are derived from natural sources, not extracted using chemical solvents and not mixed with chemical additives
    Non-Organic - Anything goes.

--
    Organic Hydroponics is using hydro with organic nutes and "cides"
    Non organic soil would be like Miracle Gro Soil, or using non organic nutes/cides.

--
    As far as Res Temps go. The lower the water temperature the more oxygen can be held by the water molecules, known as Dissolved Oxygen content or "D.O.". Warmer water leads to anaerobic (oxygen poor) water and speeds up the development of anaerobic microbes, such as fungus and mold. Hot water in hydro is bad.

On that note, warming the water before it enters the plant can help maintain the metabolic rate of the plant and prevent "shocking" the root system with ice cold water. Your equipment should warm the water on it's own so most growers have to deal with cooling it off to prevent rot and poor D.O.

13. Why not combine the two methods? Using a combo hydro/soil mixture of cococoir, perlite and worm poo in pots while following the "Run to waste" hydroponic technique for watering and feeding seems to work great.

14. obviously if i had to buy weed that was either hydro or organic and they were both grownn to the full potential I WOULD PICK organic because it would be better. that is if your talkin TLO the only true organic way to grow.

15. Why not combine the two methods? Using a combo hydro/soil mixture of cococoir, perlite and worm poo in pots while following the "Run to waste" hydroponic technique for watering and feeding seems to work great.

Because im still new at this and would probly kill the plant in the first week not knowing what im doing ill probly do it after doing both and ill have EXP in both types

ill know what im doing

16. I tried to start with Hyrdo, temps killed most my first batch (not the hyrdos fault), then I couldn't seem to get the res right after I fixed the heat issue (System is distant, didn't visit often enough). I ended up cutting the first real batch early because I almost lost the batch due to improper nute levels, then I tried soil... and am so much happier. I thought if I was going to learn how to grow, why not learn what is "cutting edge" if I had to research anyway, but I wish I would have started earlier, I'd have a much larger stash.

Currently I am 24 Days into my first soil attempt, and am loving it. I'm using FFOF and haven't added any nutes as of yet, I'm planning on waiting until they show signs they need 'em first. I may try hydro again when I can devote more time and feel safer... maybe after a relocation to a pro-smoke state.

17. I tried to start with Hyrdo, temps killed most my first batch (not the hyrdos fault), then I couldn't seem to get the res right after I fixed the heat issue (System is distant, didn't visit often enough). I ended up cutting the first real batch early because I almost lost the batch due to improper nute levels, then I tried soil... and am so much happier. I thought if I was going to learn how to grow, why not learn what is "cutting edge" if I had to research anyway, but I wish I would have started earlier, I'd have a much larger stash.

Currently I am 24 Days into my first soil attempt, and am loving it. I'm using FFOF and haven't added any nutes as of yet, I'm planning on waiting until they show signs they need 'em first. I may try hydro again when I can devote more time and feel safer... maybe after a relocation to a pro-smoke state.

damn that sucks i hope my lil hydro set doesnt go bad as of right now i like it really ez!! for some reason i have watering issue and hydro u dont need to water so thats 1 of the pros dont know the cons yet and hope i dont but i hope ur organic gro goes well and make a gro journel ill subscribe

18. So am I, it's ain't difficult really. Make up a mixture of cococoir/perlite into large pots. Then run drippers for feeding from a tank using a decent coco coir nutrient and ph set to around 5.8-6.2. Adjust feed amounts until you get a 10% runoff every day and then dump this runoff.

Easy bro