Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What do they need?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Hauntedgoat, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Ok. So i'm looking into getting a card (I'm from cali btw). One thing they said to bring was the name, fax, etc of my primary health provider. Is that my pediatrician or my health insurance company? Second, do they contact either of these parties in any way when you get a card?

Thanks.

2. Search for the state laws in California for obtaining a medical card, theres probably several sites that tell you what you need, .PDF files of the required applications. There will be an application fee.

3. Primary Health Provider/ Primary Care Physician is who you go to as your "main doctor" who is making the diagnosis and recommendation for treatment. I doubt you will need any health insurance info, since its not a drug that is covered by health plans (as far as I know.)

4. Sweetness, thanks a bunch.

5. You have a pediatrician? You still a kid? :D
    If you tell your insurance company about medical cannabis, they'll drop you.