What do the lyrics of these songs mean to you?

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by hardtoregister, Oct 26, 2012.

1. I know there's already heaps of pages floating round the interweb with lyric discussions on them but I'm after input from fellow stoners, not Bieber fans and such. Here's my list of songs but feel free to add your own songs and their meanings.
    Hotel California
    Comfortably Numb
    God Says No
    Space Lord
    Black Betty
    Vince Fontaine
    Hits From The Bong - I really can't work this one out. I think it may be about the last few minutes aboard the Titanic.

2. Well you're just as I presumed A whore in sheep's clothing Fucking up all I do and if so ... on the shores of compassion You seem to take premise to all of these songs .... Tell Us What These Lyrics Mean To You.

3. I was gonna tell you Comfortably numb is about heroin. But then I saw the last part of the OP, and wasn't sure if you were serious.

4. Comfortably numb is about a man who has become so emotionless that it has grown on to him and he has become, well, comfortable with it. It tells a few stories. One of them is about the founder of Pink Floyd, Syd Barrett, who was a great friend of both Roger Waters and David Gilmour (not sure about Nick Mason and Richard Wright). Syd was Schizophrenic and mentally addicted to LSD, they watched him slowly shatter. The song is also about a time where Roger was a child and he had this feeling where his hands felt like blown up balloons. Roger got this feeling again at one of his concerts where a doctor injected him with something that Roger "could swear that shit would kill an elephant". It made him remember his childhood as his hands felt like two balloons once again.

To me, it means that once you have accepted that life has much to offer but none of it has any real meaning or significance, you simply become numb to everything. Nothing interests you anymore and everything just morphs and becomes this grey blob.

Hope I've helped.