What do people think about gun rights?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HeadyNugs420, May 26, 2010.

1. I never understood why they want to ban semi-auto rifles in the first place.

2. Dude, your crazy to sell your 1911. It's the best sidearm on the planet. Plus, why would you sell your guns if you thought they were going to become banned? No faith in the 2nd amendment? Even if guns did become banned it'd be pretty tough for the government to come confiscate them all.... Especially hand me downs...

What do you got left?

Do you really think that your house is going to be attacked by a nuclear submarine, cruise missile, or artillery shell?

Don't dismiss how invaluable having a countryside of armed citizens is to overall protection from annexation/invasion.

3. Oh boy, where to begin.

I don't think guns are going to become banned, but most on the right seemed to think so when Obama became president so I exploited their fear for self gain.

I sold it for money to get to college (GI Bill aint that great).

I have an ancient double barrel 16 gauge Fox Savage, I think? and a .222 both grandpa hand me downs. I dont know the make/model of the .222 apparently he won it or something.

I don't think my home is going to be but some people seem to think that if the government turns on them they'd need their assault rifle to defend themselves, which is exactly my point. What the hell is your M16/AK gunna do against all that?

I'm more worried about economic problems when it comes to annexation/invasion. Plus the idea of a disorganized countryside of Americans armed to the teeth wearing tin foil hats would probably hurt themselves more than any invading army.

I'm MORE upset the government doesn't allow me to booby trap my lawn. I think that'd be far more productive and achieve much better results.

4. Oh, I see. Well, that's a little different if you needed money (although, doesn't the GI bill pay for all of college?). Although if you don't know a ton about guns, I wouldn't be so sure that you swindled some right-wing gun nut. Guns for the most part, hold their value exceptionally well. Some guns, including the 1911 have a ton of history and are highly collect-able - which makes their value appreciate greatly. Springfield 1911A1's that were produced in the WWII era can be worth anything from 2K-15K. I have a Springfield reproduction of the military model which is only worth about 500 bucks. So there is a big difference there.

Cool, but good luck trying to buy ammo for that sucker. That bad boy is probably worth some dough too. If I was you I'd of sold that just based on the fact that it's so tough to get odd ammo like that.

.222 or .223? The former is another that's tough to find ammo for. .223 is fairly common.

haha, sure you have a point. but then again it's highly unlikely that our government would turn on us or any other country would try to invade and try to take over.

but in that highly unlikely situation... wouldn't you agree that assault rifles/handguns are better than nothing? I'm not trying to be prepared for some kind of uprising... but I am always prepared for ANY type of threat on me, my family, or my home.

So am I. The economy is the only REAL issue there is right now. Either we pull out or we go down.

haha, nice straw man. private citizens owning weapons does not = crazy drunk lunatics packed into a pickup truck, burning down the backroads, shooting at road signs..... even though that's how you'd like to depict them.

ROFL

What about a moat?

I'm on board for that! Moats FTW! :)

5. Def .222 and walmart carries the rounds.

No the GI Bill does not pay all of college, plus their are different GI Bills.

It was more sarcasm than argument.

For me, no they would not be better than nothing. Kind of like farting in a tornado.

I would love a moat.

6. yeah cause the only threats to citizens are cruise missles, nuclear submarines and tanks?

:rolleyes:

What about punk ass gangsters with a 9 milimeter?

You need guns because if guns are illegal the only ones who will have guns are the ones who want to use guns to break other laws. Thus normal law abiding citizens can't defend themselves.

Or do we not have a right to defend ourselves?

7. Guns are designed to kill things. GUNS KILL PEOPLE.
    Sure people pull the trigger but without a gun i'm making the very probably assumption that most of the people using them wouldn't have the balls to fight without them.

Well pulled quote, but read the whole of my post next tme when I said I support gun rights.

No-one ikes selective quoters ;)

8. LOL at the edit-police. I read your whole post, don't get your panties in a knot. But I quote the direct point I'm responding to so that I don't have to make a general reference to it - a courtesy so that readers know exactly which part of your post I'm commenting on.

It's also amusing that you did'nt respond to ANY of the points of my post. For example. You say "guns are only designed to kill", yet I listed a number of different sports which require the use of firearms. Aren't the guns that people use to compete in those sports designed to improve the performance of the shooter to hit targets?

as for this bit:
    You are absolutely right. Abraham Lincoln may have freed the slaves.... but Samuel Colt made all men equal.

9. I dunno man, I wouldn't call access to a firearm equality.

I love some of the jumps made in this section. Somehow not understanding why people care about assault rifles implies we can't defend ourselves?

So am I right the interpret what you're saying as -> If we make it illegal only the criminals will have it therefore hurting the population?
    So can you show how the Assault Rifle ban lead to the surge of gangs carrying assault rifles?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsN0FCXw914]YouTube - The Gun Thing - Eddie Izzard[/ame]

10. Not really, guns ARE designed to kill. You think people come up with them to play "let's shoot the tin can"? It's something to do with your gun because once you've bought it you realize you're prbably not going to be able to shoot anyone with it.

11. i bought this pencil fully intending to kill someone, but now i just draw with it

12. You understand the difference between a pencil and a gun, I hope, right?

13. I do!

Pencils misspell words, and guns kill people.

14. Tin cans? Do you know what exactly goes on in ANY of the sports I listed?

You said guns are designed only to kill, I have examples of guns that aren't designed to kill, firearms crafted for specific sport. Seems as your just avoiding this concept or simply claiming that it's not true. Either way you are wrong.

Also, refuting the "designed to kill" argument. In fact, guns are not designed to kill. They are designed to fire projectiles. Certain types of ammunition is "designed to kill". However we must acknowledge the design and use of non-lethal ammunition like rubber bullets or bean bag rounds. Those rounds are fired by the same guns that fire lethal ammunition. So, again you are proven wrong.

15. Now you guys are on the right track. Ban guns and use pointy sticks instead. It's fucking brilliant! :D

16. i sort of don't care. it's just like weed, illegal or not i'm still going to buy them.

btw. i just got done target practicing, got a bullseye on my second shot, fuck yea.

17. I'm not trying to advocate banning guns or taking away gun rights, but I think that it is a huge responsibility, one that most Americas are too stupid to handle properly. It's not a fucking penis extension like so many egotistical cocksuckers out there think it is; the only time you should think about using it is in a life or death situation. If someone breaks into your house, sure, shoot him in the knees, he shouldn't be in your house anyways. If he comes at you aggressively, put one through his head, but otherwise, don't wave it around like it makes you God.

But, again, we have a lot of fucking retards in this country. And to be fair, around the world as well. We're too drugged up, too caffeinated on Starbucks and energy drinks, and all sugared up on our favorite high fructose corn syrups (and even ultra-ultra-mega-super-extreme sweeteners like crystalline fructose) to be able to handle firearms responsibly. We can't even talk care of our own health; how are we going to argue for the right to essentially be responsible for so many lives around us as well?

18. I'll agree that assault rifles are designed to kill people, but to say all guns are is straight up retarded.

Do you have any idea how many people hunt to keep food on the table?

But I also think we should have assault rifles because of are fucked up government. I really doubt I'm going to whip out an AK when someone breaks into my house.. that's what the 9's for. But nobody's going to tell me I can't own one.

Well I guess they can tell me w/e they want, but I'm still going to do as I please.

19. You must eat a lot of high fructose corn syrup :D

20. Uhh, that's sort of the point of a high velocity projectile, isn't it? You may as well argue that bows and arrows weren't made to pierce, swords weren't made to cut, hammers weren't made to smash ... just like guns weren't made to kill. :p

No, I don't. Can you show me though? I'm curious to see what the number is.

I don't think the gun that you have matters, unless you're going up against the police/military, in which case a pistol won't do much to their infrared-sighted 50 cal mounted on a helicopter, or whatever it is they have.

You went from "guns for hunting" to "guns to take on the government". Quite a sudden change, no? :eek: