what do I use to read humidity?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by AZHOMEGROWN, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Drying in my closet what do i use to measure the humidity? Where did you get yours? home depot, lowes, ace hardware etc. Also the costs. I searched for prices humidity on the search bar but I couldn't find what I was looking for

2. You're looking for a hygrometer, they can be had for like $20. When drying you want the RH to be no higher than 60% or it will be prone to mold.

3. cool thanks I never knew that I tried drying out a small plant that had gotten little sun light that was growin since October '08 and it completly dried in two days it tasted harsh and nasty. I cut down another that got more sunlight I am drying using a humidifier but don't know how humid it gets cuz it is one that was made to mix with water and a vicks solution which is blown out in a stream of cold air IDK it's wierd but I cleaned it as well as I could and Iam using just water

4. Drying and curing are the two times that you really need to be patient and it will pay off. If you dry too fast, it will be harsh tasting and if you dry too slow it will mold. 40%-55% RH is good to be at, any less it will turn out harsh, any higher and it will mold. Hope that helps.

Edit: Remember to have a fan circulating the air AWAY from the drying buds.

5. YES! Thank you I am looking to buy one f those hygrometers today. What if I want to create a little bit more humidity can I put like a grocery bag around the plant and tie it so it's not touching the plant? I want to do this when my humidifier is off cuz idk how much power it uses. the plant is small I but it had been flowering forever but it has bad stretching cuz I planted really close with two other females. Compared to the first plant that didn't have a humidifier and dried in 2 days it still has plenty of moisture