What do I need to get started growing indoors?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mrjohnsmith61, Aug 20, 2010.

1. I would like to get started on this. I don't have alot of money to spend. I'm going to be purchasing large clones from my local dispensary. What I want to know is what type of lightning is best? My closet space is small so I don't believe I will be growing many, i'd say 2 the first go. Should I go hydro or organic indoors? I know ill need a grow tent im just curious about the lighting.

2. Very broad question. There are about 1000+ Pages of information in the Stickies at the top of this forum!

3. Yeah you should read the stickies on the forums, and you could start at the top of this Absolute Beginners forum with Kamels CFL guide. Since you have little space I would recommend you get some CFLs.

The rest of the information you are looking for are here on GC if you just search a bit.

Good luck:smoke:

4. One thing you'll quickly learn is that there are as many ways to grow bud as there are opinions on the subject.

People grow in all kinds of environments, mediums, lighting, choose a combo that works for you.

5. The first thing anyone needs in order to grow is a pen and a piece of paper. Time to study.

6. knowledge....:wave:

7. go with soil..much more forgiving.

also I recommend HIDs for growing cannabis..but if your not sure you want to grow ..or are just testing it out to see if your want to .. I suggest getting CFLs, read the stickie by Camel here in the AB section

8. For what its worth, heres a quick summary on lighting (my opinion):

HID Lighting: Tried and true method (favorable results). Moderate upkeep costs (replacing bulbs). Medium startup cost. High energy consumption. High heat.

CFL Lighting: Tried and true method (generally favorable results). Low upkeep costs. Low startup cost. Low/Medium energy consumption. Med/Low heat.

LED Lighting: Experimental method (mixed results). Low upkeep costs. High startup cost. Low energy consumption. Negligible heat.