What do I need to build a grow room?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by ImaDankaholic420, Oct 27, 2015.

1. #1 ImaDankaholic420, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
    I haven't grown before but decided I'll give it a go when budget allows. I have a closet approximately 6x8 foot. How would I go about turning this into a small grow room? I've done a little homework, but would like some answers from other growers. What's the best lights for vegetative stage and flowering stage? Would cfl or led lights work better? How would I go about installing a carbon filter so there's no smell? What do you feel is a must have to have a good grow room? Could anyone give me a list of everything I'll need? Also is nirvana seeds reliable? Sorry for all of the questions, just trying to cover everything.

2. See my current grow thread for a lot of ideas

3. That's more than enough room, personally I would recommend a high wattage Mars Hydro LED. They are a bit cheaper than your standard LED grow lights, also they are way cooler in terms of temperature. That doesn't mean they don't produce any heat at all, and in converted grow rooms you tend to have more heat build up. If this is your first grow, then definitely run an easy op with soil just to get the swing of things.

4. Thanks for your input, I'll have to check those lights out for sure.

5. Hey how did you make out with this? I'm trying to start my own grow room in my spare bedroom

6. Lot of questions there dude and I'm in the same boat as it were. I found this tho' which literally covers everything. Dead handy. https://tinyurl.com/ydehhus8

7. A link to my rig which I built into my closet is in my sig.

The whole system was not cheap, and it wasn't built in one day.

8. I don't see your Sig. Actually don't see anybody's sig . Any way else to see it ?

9. Very impressive. Great job man!