What do i have to do to salvage my plant?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by easypimpin101, May 10, 2008.

1. I know exactly what the problem is but i cant fix it. Like a noob grower i used miracle grow Indoor potting Soil for my plants and didnt think twice. But now im noticing the bottom 2 leaves are getting fert burned. What can i do to fix this? And if its flushing the soil how do i do that because i dont know how to.

2. I think you should get new soil and transplant it.

3. Please try the search button as these are common questions.

You have two options to try and fix the problem, (assuming its your soil with lack of info)
    You can flush your soil by running through pH proper water at least x2-x3 times per gallon of soil. For instance, a 1 gallon pot of soil would need 2-3 gallons run through it, 3 gallon 6-9 gallons, ect.

Or you can go out and purchase better soil and transplant trying to remove as much of the old dirt as possible without overly disturbing the root ball.

4. If you do transplant, it's not a bad idea to gently flush the root ball, since you won't want to manually take all the soil out of it. It saved my plants in a similar situation.