Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What do I have to do to cook with MJ?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PatrickTheToker, Mar 28, 2009.

1. I think I'm going to make some homemade bread sticks and or pizza later, how do I go about making the butter or oil?

Also, I'm in an apartment, how bad is it going to smell? I just don't want a neighbor to complain.

How many grams should I use?

EDIT: Please don't suggest Fire Crackers, I don't care for them..at all.
    Thanks,

Happy Toking.:smoke:

2. Well theres a sticky at the top for making butter...

It will smell, but if you keep the lid on (in my case i use a crock pot) and keep you stove vent on, you should be fine.

How much butter/weed, simple. Figure out what your making and how much butter it needs. The figure out how many servings and multiply by at least 1gram for a moderate high ( use 1.5 to 2 per server).

So if your breadsticks need 1/2 cup butter and you making 12
    you would put at least 12 grams in you 1/2 cup of butter.

3. The stovetop fans are the best for venting the smell. In my experience, it'll smell dank, but it won't really stink up your entire place.

How many grams you want to use is entirely up to you. If you're making a pizza for we'll say 2 or 3 (so medium sized) and maybe 6 pieces of garlic bread? For the pizza dough, I would use maybe around 1.5-2 grams, and for the breadsticks are you making the dough from scratch or are you just using garlic butter? If you're making the dough from scratch, add about 1.5gs to the oil/butter in that and another 1.5-2 to the butter/garlic mixture on top. The garlic bread I would use more bud for personally, but eh.

Honestly, when people say you need 12 grams for every 1/2 cup, that's ridiculous. You don't need that much unless you're using schwag or mids, each piece of bread doesn't need that much bud or he won't be able to finish the entire batch. You have to spread it out evenly. With that said, that's why it's better to do the calculations yourself when cooking - you'll know how much you'll eat, and how much you're saving for later/giving to friends. :)

4. Normally I crumble up the buds and fry them in the butter(or olive oil or both) first than cook whatever food with the weed butter. It works, but try to let whatever food you are cooking to suck up all the oil, a pan cake will do~