What do i do?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by thesage3, Apr 5, 2011.

• okay to start off I have 3 girls in straight coco were my moms, doing bad thought salt so did vinegar flush. also have 7 girls doing pretty good or so I think they are in amended coco 1 tbl each mc , dolomite, high p bat guano.
    • so I have been fighting these girls everything goes in at 5.6 to 5.9 ph. so after the flush and light nute build up there is improvement but alsomore issues brown spots yellowing leaves ect.
    • so decided to do some slurry tests at 2;1 ratio I tried the .1;5 ratio as pauland cathy suggest but what I got back just didn't seem right. so I stuck with what my ph ec ppm meter manual says for soil testing 2 parts medium 1 part bottled water. I tested 7 plants the 3 old moms and 4 of the ones I thought look good 2 being really good 1 very slight nute burn and 1 that had been struggling but has seemed to have bounced back.
    • my results
    • plants 1-3 had the vinegar flush treatment and look the worst but #2 looks the best out of the 3
    • #1 ph came in at 7.0 ppm was300 and ec was .46
    • #2 ph 7.3 ppm 350 and ec .52
    • #3 ph 7.2 ppm310 and ec .46
    • ppm seems low but the flushes came out at 1700 ppm and 200 was going in during flush but plant was taking 1200 before flush.
    • plants 4-7 look good #4 being one that has some droopy secondary leaves not many just a couple. #5 the one that bounced back and #6 the best looking #7 the slight nute burn
    • #4 ph 6.3 ppm 480 and ec .72
    • #5 ph 5.7 ppm500 and ec .75
    • #6 ph 7.0 ppm 420lol and ec .6
    • #7ph 6.7 ppm 420lol and ec.62
    • plants 2and 4-7 where feed last night at ph 5.9 ppm 1070 and ec 1.58.
    so how do I\ fix this and do I with the ones that look relatively good? help

1. okay so no one has any suggestions. well last night I feed plant 2 a stronger nute mix and I didn't ph up I left it at 4.9. I measured the runoff just for giggles. and t went in at 4.9 ph ppm 1070 and ec was 1.58 and came out ph 5.9 ppm 890 and ec was 1.2, I will take another slurry test today with my fingers crossed.

2. Well I tried to read this a few times but it just made me dizzy. Try asking for what you need simply. I really have any idea what your problem is so just list issue(s) and environment (coco, what kind of nutes, what delivery method) and folks will probably pitch in right away.

Additionally taking some pictures and uploading them when you have problems will always help.

3. those are all slurry #s and I took slurrys of plants that are doing good and the 3 that were doing really bad.
    my ? was what to do I had ph issues but with only 3 girls but all the plants tested were off the chart except 1, and I know you can't successfully ph coco it phs itself to what it wants.
    I feed 5ml calmag and 1 to 2 tps of botanicare pureblend and all but the 3 bad ones were done with marine cuisine and dol.
    what I did was feed to the sick a medium feeding but I did not ph it up to 5.8 I left it at 4.9. and after the first day of that they showed improvement. so I did it to the rest of them.
    the heathly girls look fine except I lowered my light alittle and they showed either a ph burn or light burn so I raised it back up. and I think that was it.
    now the strange part is.
    after a couple of days I took slurrys again and most of the ph #s either stayed the same or went up not down like you would think after adding 4.9 solution.
    which backs up the ph coco thing. so I have started feeding between 5.2-5.8 and things look fine.
    the 3 girls are coming back slow but sure low yield but saved. sorry my post gave you a head ache reading it