what do i do? (domestic abuse-related)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by guitarist231, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Ok so im in the middle of an all nighter for a physics test (its like 5:30 am over here so yeah im just so ecstatic about it) and about a half hour ago the song i was listening to ended and i heard something outside the window. Some dude was yelling at a younger girl, presumably his daughter. they were arguing about money, apparently she had only just made it home from nj (im in the bronx) by PATH and then taxi. he was pissed about 12 dollars, probably to pay the cab, and the fight seemed pretty heated so i kept listening. he said shut the fuck up several times, very sternly, and it looked like things were gonna get physical.

Sure enough, this fuckin guy has his hands on this girls shoulders or neck within the next 30 seconds or so. I opened my window and yelled at him to cut it the fuck out and he soon went inside. He didnt want to let her in the house because it was so late, and from the looks of things he was just gonna leave her outside. she called the cops and someone who i presumed was her mother, talked about how she was on her period and really just wanted to get inside. she was yelling a lot now too about how she didnt give a fuck and was going to get her dad arrested no matter what.

So the cops show, knock on the door, and the dad comes out. i only hear bits of all this, but he claims something along the lines of this: daughter comes back super late, wakes everyone up banging on the door. he says she doesnt even live there and has no right to do that, but she's in the background yelling that all her stuff is inside. now i kinda want to go out and give some kind of statement, but I recently got arrested for something else and have an ACD till november so ive been tending to avoid cops lately. also im not really sure when a witness is supposed to step forward. The cops end up taking the girl in, while 2 others stayed to continue talking to the father. at this point i really didnt want to go out anymore because if i got taken in for some bullshit reason id miss my test, a very important test that will more or less determine whether i keep my scholarship and come back to school next semester. bronx cops are dicks, theyd lock you up for anything. by 5:20 everyone had left

Soooooo, im thinking i should head over to the precinct tomorrow and try to give them something. anyone else have any ideas? i dont usually get involved in other peoples affairs, and for all i know theres another side to this as i only started watching from the middle of the conflict, but for fucks sake the guy was more or less wrestling this girl by the neck on the car and i feel like i should do something.

2. Is the girl hot?

3. if the cops already handled it let it be.

4. yeah youre probably right....i wish i couldve done more, but at least yelling at the asshole reminded him that 5 am doesnt mean youre safe from people witnessing you beat yo kids

5. Most definitely

It's not your job to get involved in somebody else's drama. Especially if you have your own bullshit to think about

Especialy when the police are there

6. It wouldnt hurt to say something. The guy DID choke her or whatever