Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What do Dr.'s need to know about medicinal Cannabis?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by PlaidBeeSmokin', Oct 29, 2017.

1. So, I recently was asked by a Dr. to gather some information as well as some reputable dispensary contacts in the area. At first I thought that this was pretty neat, but didn't really understand the possibilities therein. This Dr. is well respected in the area, and as an emergency room dr. who sort of specializes in addiction, this could be the beginning of something really positive. Dr's share information and experiences on a conversational basis. It occurred to me that If i'm able to provide the right insight it could be, at least on some level, incrementally transformative.
    So as my mind is racing with things that I think Dr.s should know, it also occurs to me that I'd hate to leave something out that could be of great insight. So I thought I'd open it up to the 'ol crowd. So if there is anything that you think is worthy of mention, please hit me up. The Dr's primary interest lies mainly in the a ability of CBD to relieve withdrawal symptoms. However, I am putting together a package that will contain a wide variety of information on the current state of medicinal Cannabis.
    So if you believe in the application of medicinal Cannabis, welcome and please chime in....

PlaidBee

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. @PlaidBeeSmokin'
    BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    Our own mistress of oil
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    My own shorter works
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    Ask somebody who uses it in high amounts daily for post surgical relief. 3 rounds of slice and dice put the screws to me in a big way limiting my general motions. Even simple things like tying my shoes can trigger a screaming event.
    Cannabis, High THC in fact keeps that evil pain monster at bay quite well.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. I always start people off with this documentary. He is the father of cannabis research and has won all sorts of awards for his 50 years (plus) of cannabis research.

• Like Like x 3
  4. LOL! I just made some canna caps a couple days ago! One of my fav recipes.

5. WOW! This is good. I think this one area that needs work in our healthcare system. When a doctor that wants learn about medicinal cannabis has to ask me, a patient for information, something is wrong with the system.

• Like Like x 2
  6. instead of all the new names of drugs they need to learn they need to learn endocannabinoid system... A lot of doctors do not believe the negative hype though and know about the ecs and want to legally explore it more

7. Amazing…! Love to hear that before giving any medicinal cannabis, should take detailed pieces of information regarding health conditions as well as disease. It makes easy diagnosis along with increase authenticity...!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. THC is needed to relieve withdrawal symptoms. Why are you doing the doctor’s job for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. yes, i think the institution they are at also "sets the tone". from asking several drs about
    my sleep apnea treatment they all said the same thing--"it's (medical marijuana) been shown
    to be slightly effective in a rat study". well, there are other studies with a synthetic THC in humans
    that show it is very effective, and i guess i will have to bring this up next time...funny, i have to
    educate the Mayo drs :(
    jim