What Did you think about weed as a kid?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by mcmad358, Feb 12, 2014.

1. I remember my friend would smoke bowls out of his brothers pipe while skyping me and i thought he was basically hooting crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I always thought it was way "dirtier" than what I think now. Back then I didn't know there was so many health benefits and I thought it was a lot like smoking cigs

3. As a child, I didnt have an opinion about weed. I felt neutral about it, I didnt think it was good or bad  :confused_2:

4. As a kid, I thought it was a horrible drug. But none the less I did get curious from time to time. My parents would tell me that it would eat your brain, pretty much dry up your brain, and either have it kill you or just turn you into a zombie status. When I asked d.a.r.e. back in elementary they would just say "just don't do it" and they did tell us you could overdose and die from it. My curiosity grew more and more as the years passed. Until temptation got the best of me and I tried it in 7th grade for the first time. After that I realized, hey, maybe its not so bad as they say it is. I spent the rest of my time in middle school away from it but as soon as high school came the opportunity came once again and I said to myself, hey why not. The longer I smoked pot the more I realized it wasn't as bad. Well I quit for my sophmore and most of my junior year but towards the end of my junior year I was back. But honestly I felt like a fool for believing g all the BS that our parents and the world tell us about pot. It doesn't hurt anyone. In fact its probably one of the safest substances that exist. I'm glad I got the opportunity to see clear.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk

5. Didn't care for it, I missed a lot of opportunities to smoke when people offered me, I always said I'm good.

6. My parents were stoners and growing up I knew what weed smelled like and knew some of my fam smoked.

In all honestly. I knew I was going to smoke weed when I was younger lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #27 kdiesel502, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    I thought it was a drug and doing it was wrong. I think the first time I was offered it was me and two friends, they where in the forest behind my house and I went back up to get something and came back down there, my friend had a small metal pipe in hand and I knew he kinda did it, when he offered I said no. But later that day I researched weed and I was like "damn, I shoulda tried this stuff earlier" and now I am here, smoking pretty much daily.

8. Sounds like some Wizard of Oz shit ahahah

9. #29 loopster, Feb 13, 2014
    until i did my own research,[​IMG]

10. Everytime we discussed drugs and i heard the effects and statistics etc of the danger. All i would do is ignore the lecture and hand pick what drugs i wanted to do in the future in what order. Hell i started that in 5th grade when we had an anti drug seminar. They were like "it kills, ruins lives, funds crime,etc etc etc radda radda rabble rabble". I stopped listening and i remember thinking to myself reading effects and stories "This stuff sounds awesome". :laughing: kinda fucked up for my age but it is hilarious now.

11. #31 Frank Darko, Feb 13, 2014
    I kinda discovered weed when playing san andreas as a kid when it first came out. Never thought of it as a serious drug, but more like a smokeable beer or smth. Idk i wasnt curious about it, it just naturally came along with the teenage years and different friends i had. One of them introduced me to weed but i had already known what alcohol is so weed was like a super alcohol which doesnt giblve headaches or any withdrawals, just cost a fortune.

Oh yeah and also some friends advertised it as shrooms or acid that gives you magical hallucinations and shit, although ive never tried psychedelics to this day. I can safely call bullshit on the fake advertisement, weed just makes you happy about eerthing and feel good, but not drunk good.
    28:06:42:12

12. I always heard about it cause my brother smoked when he was my age, some kids in my school that lived around my neighborhood talked about smoking in like late elementary- early middle school, & my neighborhood back then was known as ”The Ghetto”, I kinda had a feeling I would eventually do it lol

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. As a kid I always said I wouldn't smoke because of all the things I heard about it. But than high school came around and that all went away.

14. I smoked the first time when I was 11, so I don't remember having any thoughts about it. I hung with kids who were 5 and 6 years older. So the first time I really knew about weed was when they said "Lisa you ready for this?" Not exact words but kind of.

15. I always told myself i would never do drugs or drink, now I'm like I'll probably never do meth.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Always knew I wanted to experiment with it. I thought it just made you sit around and do nothing with zero motivation.

17. I always was open for it. Tried it at a somewhat younger age.

18. i had completely 0 opinion on it before i smoked for the first time in the 7th grade, 

19. Was always fascinated, never afraid, of weed, but was never able to express that fascination in my Mormon family household.

20. I really didn't have a whole lot of experience with the idea of marijuana or drugs for that matter. I believed they were bad but had no real idea what it did besides kill brain cells. I had 2 things I remember about weed.
    1. The most influential thing I ever knew about weed was from dare class. How it killed brain cells and made you stupid and lazy. And causes cancer. I for some reason remember this girl at the end of this dare presentation pronouncing marijuana wrong like marijewana lol

2. I remember my friends mom with glaucoma (very very mild at this time)
    Was talking about medical marijuana to my friend in the car for some reason (we were like 10-11 maybe) and she was talking objectively about whether or not it should be legalized for medical use. Me being a dumbass kid said "doesn't it kill brain cells" and she still being uninformed said "yes but for terminal patients it's better" (something to that effect) which was a profound thought at the time in a way and made me wonder if it was really that bad.

The way that i got into it was from this kid in 8th grade who stole his moms cigs and smoked them at recess on these bleachers where no one was and he told me about bongs and shit lol.