What did you get today for your Garden?

Discussion in 'General' started by Schmebulock, Dec 13, 2018.

1. #21 Father Ted, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Thats the key question and why I'm doing side by side. To be fair I plan on buying a single CMH and equivalent QB and run a test. Whats your initial cost on 4 QB vs presumably about £450 for CMH?

*I have no doubt QBs are good but its becoming a cult on here to the expense of good content in relation to other, proven, methods.

2. Tag me in your journal when you start it bud. DWC is definitely king as far as growth and yield but IMO is a pain in the ass and problems happen fast. But they can be fixed fast. If I were you, I would have gone Hempy as your first hydro since it's feeding very similarly to just watering soil, once a day, maybe twice a day late in flower.

Read up on what rising and falling ppms and ph means and how to adjusts your res as a result. Good luck man and as always, I’ll try to help you if I can

• Like Like x 1
  3. I will do, it will be fun anyway and a challenge. I will look up hempy now as I havent started anything yet so not too late to change. Cheers.

Ted

4. Plasmas are old tech that never really caught on. Led is great now, but there is so much more in development that what you see in the coming years will make today’s tech look like incandescent

• Like Like x 1
  5. What driver are you running on your 120’s?

Mine push 234 watts per 4 boards on a HLG-240H-c2100a

6. Some others on here disagree. Everyone has a view, but nobody seems to be able to prove anything. Thats not a dig at you just an observation. Whatever anyone is doing/using is always best according to them and everything else is shit, I guess it's human nature.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I’m ever evolving in the lighting game. In fact my whole room will be overhauled yet again in the near future due to some development in the Led market that I am contributing with a well known lighting company. There is just so much more upside on the Led side as far as engineering and performance while reducing power consumption. Im testing cobs out against other qbs, on small scale and eventuallynin about a month will have a game changer to replace my entire 4x4 lighting system once the UL approval is received.

HID, CMH, Plasma, etc will all have their place, but the versatility and sheer design ability of LEDs will keep them on top for the time being

8. I'm going to see for myself and decide, just need to get the spring out of the way with as I have some essential maintenance to do with my grow spot such as moving a wall. Hopefully I can get a side by side started around June after I have been on holiday (amsterdam all booked ohhh yehhhh).

9. You greenhouse grow though right? If so, plasma would actually be a more viable option for you. The problems I have with them are only two colors and the bulbs last 6-12 months, so again more cost and maintenance. But they do putnout almost 100cri whichbis as close to the sun as you can get.

10. I have the same driver, so ty for telling me what wattage to expect lol!

11. Nah I converted an out building, got a low ceiling at 1.96m. But im seriously considering getting a mini digger in there one summer and dig down 4 ft, cement and insulate it like a carp pond and then grow some proper giants, or dig even deeper and have the room completely hidden underneath....ok may be im getting carried away now...ill post a pic of my flower space later, i just veg in a tent on the other side of that wall i mentioned above lol.

• Like Like x 3
  12. That’s with both screws turned all the way up. You’ll get about another 1/4 turn on each from factory settings

• Like Like x 1
  13. Id love plasma glad you looked into ot ted closest youll get to sun spec

• Like Like x 1
  14. Deffo gonna do a side by side before i decide what to kit my room out with in full. I may end up sticking with HID but i doubt it lol

15. @Father Ted seem me a link when you get this started
    No one has ever run a side x side of the QB's and HP's
    I was thinking about ordering a 460w QB complete kit from china, maybe 2 of em, idk yet

16. I gotta do a side by side, I cant commit to spending thousands until I know I got the best bang for my buck. It will be worth wasting say 400-500 on a light that ends up in the bin it saves me wasting a few grand.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. got my 500 mL bottle of Drip Clean :)