What did the U.S. gain by going to war?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AustinPowers, May 7, 2011.

1. To all of the conspiracy theorists, what did the government gain by going to war?

2. one word OILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

3. what do conspiracy theories have to do with anything here?

4. cock. and anal carnage.

5. The simple fact that you start off with "To all the conspiracy theorists" ...gives me some insight to your mindset.

6. There's no conspiracy. There's the Military Industrial Complex, however.

7. #7 jmick, May 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2011
    Thats what the US does now, that is our major export to the rest of the world...war...Fucking Bullshit

8. Prutect our Gov given libertees and freedum
    God bless Amerikuh
    :hello::hello::hello:

9. :confused:

^ :)

Permanent war economy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Military–industrial complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

War of aggression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aggressive War and Terrorism Are One and the Same! So Who Are the Real Terrorists? by Gary D. Barnett

Just for fun, actually it disgusted me...since WWII how many countries have attacked us? Would none be accurate? ~165,000 US service members have died in US operations since WWII. That's fucked up.

United States military casualties of war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who knows about the countless thousands/millions on the other side and the countless millions of civilians that have been collateral damage or causalities of our agressive wars.

:(

"This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence — economic, political, even spiritual — is felt in every city, every statehouse, every office of the federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society. In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals so that security and liberty may prosper together." - Dwight D. Eisenhower, General of the Army (five-star general) & President of the United States of America.

“Naturally the common people don’t want war. But after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it’s always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and for exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.” - Hermann Goering, Hitler’s Reich Marshall, at the Nuremberg Trials after World War II.

10. The US didn't gain anything by going to war.

A bunch of politically connected multinational corporations gained a lot though.

The US is just a vessel.

11. Employment in the arms industry and profits for their shareholders?

:hippie:

12. This.

A question I would ask the OP: What is the "United States" in the context of your initial question?

The more you look into how the gears of this country turn, the more you find they are fueled by blood and bombs. Our chief export is death, and the best thing we produce is war.

The pharmaceutical industry is one of the most profitable industries in the world. Would they make money if people were healthy?

How many TV manufacturing companies do we have?

How much money do we spend on importing vs. make by exporting domestically-manufactured goods?

The list of questions that I have for you really goes on and on, but I think I'll stop before I get ahead of myself...

13. excellent questions to the OP..

but he's banned.. thought i'd point that out :p

14. Control over its own citizens on a scale never before seen in America.

Plus profit for all those military industrial complexes and shit.

15. Honestly? By going to war, by killing Sadam and Bin Laden, we got closure for every Americans heart who was directly or indirectly affected by those damn terrorist. I know every relegion has its extremist, but the Islamic extremists take it a step farther than just prejudice or even civil crimes. By going to war, we restored many peoples lives to what they should be.

16. for anyone one willing to listen, there is a playlist with about 20 vids called The costs of war. its mises institute lecture..
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtdsF-es53g&feature=BFa&list=SP949DD5A96A762727&index=6"][​IMG]6[​IMG][​IMG][/ame]

17. You think life is better for Iraqies with Sadam gone? Sadam only killed 60,000 Iraqies tops. The war has killed over 100k Iraq Body Count. Is it better to live under the rule of a tyrant or under a lawless society with shootings and bombings on a weekly almost daily bases? I don't think we made any ones life better over there, just changed what they had to fear.

18. Some might call that a conspiracy.

19. Blood sacrifices to thee devil for more power

20. Here is the question....If the US didn't go to war....How many terrorist bombings and attacks do you think would have happened and how many innocent lives would have been lost not only in the US but around the world?.I dont like war as I served in the first Iraq war but to some extent I think it was necessary. But I believe its time to with draw most or troops and just keep a medium sized force to keep order and collect info.And as far a Sadam ...he killed over 150,000 kurds.... How can you say "only" when it comes to human life?