Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What did my dealer just say?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by mightyliang, Jan 8, 2014.

1. So I'm new to buying bud and I got this dealer from a friend.. he texted me saying

"35 8th ten dollar gs of gypsy jack"

what does he mean by that? can someone explain because im totally new to this.

2. he means that he sells all of his weed at $10 per gram. An eighth is 3.5 grams, which is why it costs $35

3. he'll sell you an eighth of an ounce (3.5 grams) for 35 bucks, ten dollars a gram of the strain gypsy jack

4. 10 dollars a g. A g means 1 gram an 35 bucks for a eight a eight is 3.5 grams you paying full price

5. I hate when dealers text like that. I'm always like, dafuq?

6. It seems pretty straightforward lol

7. #7 Ganja ☤, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
    [quote name="1620" post="19299374" timestamp="1389147305"]It seems pretty straightforward lol[/quote]I know but is it really that hard to say 'I got gypsy jack, 35 for an 1/8th and 10 for a g' just seems lazy. Edit: I just noticed how fucked up the price is! You don't even get a deal if you buy an 1/8?

8. gypsy jack slang for crack :laughing:

9. Dude he's a dealer presumably selling illegal marijuana. ^ Your version is incriminating. The original text is concise and non-incriminating. It works out better for both parties. 

10. #10 rectaloctopus, Jan 8, 2014
    It was the first thing that caught my eye when I opened the page. That's how I would text it though. The price isn't bad op depending where you live

11. #11 Ganja ☤, Jan 8, 2014
    [quote name="1620" post="19299412" timestamp="1389147639"]Dude he's a dealer presumably selling illegal marijuana. ^ Your version is incriminating. The original text is concise and non-incriminating. It works out better for both parties. [/quote]The only words I added were "I got" and "for a". Lol I don't see how adding those very basic words would make it anymore incriminating. He didn't even have to say "I got", I mean just use some basic sentence structure.

12. I live in chicago. Is the strain gypsy jack good at all? Is the price fair at all? Need help!

Ben for a 10 and a Henry for a 20 ;)

14. Yea man! (whatever the fuck that means...)

15. Haha, round here (UK) a ben is a ten bag and a henry is a 20 bag.

16. #16 rectaloctopus, Jan 8, 2014

yeah I would go for it, thats not a bad price. or Tell him you want a quarter for 60. Most of the time it isn't what people say it is, but if you're new to smoking should get you baked :smoking:

let us know what it looks like/smells/tastes  and pics if you want

also if you don't have a scale. A normal zip lock bag, depending on the bud if its fluffy or compact

an eight should fill up the bottem of the bag about a half inch or so.

a quarter should be an inch or more

it's not always super accurate but it gives you a ball park guess

17. I would be happy to pay those prices. Where I live a 1/8th is 60 pretty much no matter what if you get some 50 or 45 its gonna be shit weed. I pay 180 for a half so thats 45 an 1/8th. Weed can get so dried up here though but now I got a few dealers that get their stuff from Denver I'm pretty close to these dealers so I know its coming from there. I'm just happy that I can get unshorted bags from legit people and its some of the best stuff you can find around here. I know there is always better but no I know has yet to find any 

18. I know exactly what you mean. When I started smoking for the first time my dealer was in the ghetto and he would say all of these weird names for different amounts of weed. He would take these names so seriously too like he was trying to be secretive. Like who the hell doesn't know what a dub or a dime is lol.

19. [quote name="justyn93" post="19299532" timestamp="1389148607"]I would be happy to pay those prices. Where I live a 1/8th is 60 pretty much no matter what if you get some 50 or 45 its gonna be shit weed. I pay 180 for a half so thats 45 an 1/8th. Weed can get so dried up here though but now I got a few dealers that get their stuff from Denver I'm pretty close to these dealers so I know its coming from there. I'm just happy that I can get unshorted bags from legit people and its some of the best stuff you can find around here. I know there is always better but no I know has yet to find any [/quote]I know that. I pay 20/g sadly. I pay 60 for 1/8 usually, which is about $17/g.He pays 10/g, and if he buys an 1/8 he is still paying 10/g. I'm not saying the prices are bad, it's just weird.

20. Fuck dat tho the price supposed to come down when you get more just like everything else id tell his ass 25 lol Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk