What did I experience? Thought I was dying

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by LTB3976, Aug 21, 2018.

1. So I don't smoke often at all. My first time smoking with friends, I didn't experience anything. The 2nd time I got high and enjoyed it, everything was slow and shit. Both times through a bong.
    Now I didn't smoke again for another 8 months or so and it was by myself with prerolled joints I got off my brother so I had every reason to trust it. First joint I wasn't sure what I was doing and think I wasted it because I didn't get high. So I researched and think I wasn't inhaling properly through the lungs.
    So here is where everything went fucking weird. 2 weeks later I smoke another joint. It was first thing after I woke up and had an empty stomach so that could have contributed? But anyway I was only halfway through and I started to see random dots in my vision, it then turned into the distorted vision you get when pushing your eyes in that sort of after image effect, idk what to call it.
    I started feeling sick, and eventually that distorted vision was covering my whole eyesight and I was blind to the outside world, then I got a loud ringing in my ears, I was getting real scared cause I was by myself, then I couldn't hear anything from the outside, it was extremely muffled impossible to tell what was happening, so I was blind and near deaf and at this point I was freaking the fuck out thinking I was about to blackout or die. The ringing was then overcome by the sound of my own heartbeat and it sounded like it was in my ears, then my ears felt like they were burning.
    I just stood in the bathroom hunched over for what must've been 10 minutes and eventually it passed. Then I felt like a normal high and then I had a headache for the rest of the day.

It's really made me think if ill smoke again because that was the most intense and terrifying experience of my life. Hopefully someone can point out what happened or what rookie mistake I did.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. You smoked too much and had a whitey.

Most people don't expect Cannabis to be strong.
    It's just considered a recreational drug.

Cannabis can be extremely psychoactive.
    Very powerful sometimes.

Take it easy next time. One, maybe two hits
    and stop for fifteen minutes to see how it
    affects you.

Especially if you don't smoke on the daily.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Pretty much what Blix said. You smoked more than you could handle. It's not a competition to see who can smoke the most, honestly it's retarded when people brag or think they're the shit because they can smoke a lot. The people who do have a really high tolerance anyway so they're not even getting as high as you when they smoke a lot compared to when u smoke a little if you have no tolerance.

Weed can bring out paranoia but it's definitely controllable if you know what you're doing and you stay within what you're comfortable handling. People call what you experienced "greening out" sometimes. You probably had a panic attack. It's just really bad anxiety.

Stay within what you're comfortable with smoking. Do it during a setting where you feel comfortable. A time, place, mindset, etc. Take it slow, go easy, do something that makes you happy. You need to create a good experience. When you're starting out smoking the experience is a lot more intense. The more often you smoke it will become more relaxed and less intense.

And just remember, it's impossible to overdose on weed. Weed can not kill you, it's never killed anyone. Even if you feel really scared or in danger, it's just a feeling not a reality. Go slow and stay within your comfort zone. If you get anxiety listen to some of your favorite calm music to mellow you out. Remind yourself it's just weed, it's harmless and everything will be ok.

You'll be alright bro.

• Agree Agree x 2