Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What did i do wrong?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Dreamofclouds, Apr 20, 2013.

1. So I attempted to make treats today and was wondering if it was effective? I used 3.4g of some fine stuff, well ground, into 1/2 cup of butter. I first slowly melted and skimmed the butter, then decarbed buddies at 240 for 26 minutes. Mixed into butter and double boiled for 1.5 hrs then froze, then double boiled 1.5 hrs again. I used this 1/2 cup of butter with ~4 cups of fluff and ~6 cups of fruity pebbles. This made 12 equal portions. I ate 3. Is that enough? Been 2 hrs nothing. Was my process wrong?

2. Hmmm...my guess is that 240F wasn't hot enough...but that's just a guess.

When I make firecrackers, I set the oven to 325F and bake for 25 minute before letting it sit for a couple hours.

3. Or, you just have to wait a little bit longer.

4. you just didn't allow the bud to simmer in the butter long enough. 1.5 hours isn't long enough for a large percentage of the THC to really bond with the butter.
    As for decarbing, its not really something you have to do with that much heat. 240 degrees is the temp most vaporizers use, so if you heat weed to that temp you're gonna vape off some of your thc. I've cooked with vaped weed and normal dried weed, and it takes a LOT more vaped weed. Decarb by grounding and drying naturally. One thing I like to do is put my bud into a cardboard box, if I have a lot I'll layer it between pieces of newspaper, and then leave it above my dryer overnight while the dryer is running. THEN when the herb is dry I grind it. Dry first, grind second. It should be dry enough that it grinds to dust with little effort.

Look in my sig, I have a recipe that I guarantee to work. It'll take longer, but its totally worth it and geared towards a small amount of butter, 1/2 a cup.

5. how come in the sticky at the top of the page (hashmouff) says to simmer for 5 minutes?

6. #6 Randomdead, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
    that sticky is old as hell. I tried it years ago when I first started cooking and I can tell you it's really not that great.

besides, he says in that thread that he wants the taste to stay in the butter. I, on the other hand, try to completely remove the taste.

7. Cheers random, the Afghans I made taste like shit :D