What did i do to my plants? :(

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dr.Swed, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Hey guys.
    New to posting on here.
    My girls were doing amazing just a few days ago. I was not watering them much at all. Then i started noticing one would droop a bit thought it needed water would water it with what i have been using (r.o water, roots org. Buddah gro, cal mag) they seemed to perk right up by the next day.

Well now it seemed a few of them perked up then drooped right back down. I didnt want to over water but the next day i thought maybe i didnt give it enough? So i watered a bit more. Now it looks bad. Only one of my big girls are looking healthy rigt now. Even she shows a little too much nitrogen. Should i use plain water only? Any tips? (Before)
    (Today)

2. bump. possibly rootbound? they are 7gal pots
    either that or overwatered? maybe under i really dont know

3. I would just let them dry out for a day or two if that's what it takes. I don't see nitro toxicity myself. You don't have waxy dark green clawed leaves just droopy ones from not enough air to the roots.

I'm not sure if you've mixed generous portions of perlite with your mix or not but that is definitely the answer for the condition I see. Your soil doesn't have good enough drainage and aeration for rapid feeding. The leaves breathe co2 but the roots need oxygen to stay healthy. That's why hydro systems have an airstone.

I would make a new mix with 20% perlite and transplant them to finish flower. Ideally use a fabric pot spaced off the drain tray with plenty of air circulation. That will promote excellent aeration which is what you are lacking.

I finish my medium plants in 7 gallon smart pots. That's good for up to 1 pound plants.

4. thanks for your reply
    my soil mix has alot of pumice (volcanic rock perlite substitute) do you think it maybe needs more?

5. What is the percentage compared to soil? At least 15% with maybe a layer of just rock on the bottom? If the answer is no then you don't have enough drainage.

6. Precision perlite course is my goto I swear by. It's like grower's gold for cannabis. Mix it with any medium you use at least 15-20% and your plants will love you for it. They take off like rockets.

7. It resists compaction of the soil over time with the lite large perlite pieces. Perlite stores water like a sponge that continues to give up it's moisture to feed the plant while at the same time letting air pass through. There is substitutes. I recently read on this forum about using rice husks instead. I'm not sure the plants would love it as much as perlite though. It's pretty magical. It doesn't biodegrade very quickly at all compared to rice husks.

8. i heard you cant reuse perlite tho is that correct?

9. i would say its about 15-20% pumice. no pumice on the bottom tho that would have been a good call

• Like Like x 1
  10. That is classic overwatering symptoms in your pics. A plant that big should be feeding fast enough to not get much of that unless the medium is retaining too much moisture or is too compact.

11. Overwatering and lack of drainage are really the same problem if you think about it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. do you think its big enough to be rootbound in a 7gal pot?
    i have never transplanted a plant this big. i have some 15 gal i could put her into but im worried i will mess up the transplant

13. I don't think it's rootbound. I think the medium isn't draining good enough. I could rebound that in a few days and you will too. The main problem right now is too much water in the medium and not enough air.

10 gallon would be the logical step up 15 gallon is larger then I've heard of much indoor.

Get a 10 gallon fabic pot and a bag of perlite. Make sure the perlite has no nutrients in it.

14. Upward stems with droopy leaves..yep

• Like Like x 1
  15. Never heard of not being able to reuse perlite. I have some in my yard that is years old and won't go away. Makes me look like a weed grower or something. =)

Space that fabric pot off the drain tray with pieces of cinderblock if you have nothing else smash one up.

16. Fwiw I thought I had extra perlite but turned out I had gnat nix instead. Since its crushed up grow stones, I threw it in the mix. Expensive compared to perlite but it works well.

17. my plants are weird. they perked right up this morning. idk i think they take a while to drink up their water or something not sure