What Deficiency is this?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by carnival, Nov 26, 2010.

1. See the edges of leafs and new growth has kind of a bright green.:eek:

Attached Files:

2. from the look's of it light is way too close and burning and curling the tip's.if the light isnt too close ur watering it way tooo much.try less watering or move further away.hope this helps.as high times says,20-28" above the plant is ideal,cause if the light is too high the plant will stretch up instead of bushing out.

3. Iv been growing for a while now and its not a watering or light issue and 20-28 inches away is ALOT for most lights. The Moms are under a 2 T5's and at this stage in there growth they can handle full light.

4. whats the ph

5. Ph is 6.7-6.9
    All the rest of the soil in the batch are fine. It looks like a Iron and magnesium deficiency to me. Here are some updated photos.

Attached Files:

6. sure looks like light burn to me. leep in mind the plants only need 1/4 as much light during veg as they do during flower

7. But the plants that are the same strain are vegging under a 400 watt MH bulb getting over 10,000 lumen's and they are going just fine. This plant is under 2 T5's and the plant is not touching the bulb and T5's won't burn the plants unless the plant is sitting on the bulb. They run cool.:confused:

8. check your soils ph.

9. Read the thread.:smoke:

10. First thing that comes to mind is nute burn when I see tips burnt and curled like that.

11. Is there any perlite in the soil? It could be a drainage issue. It just looks funny in the pic...

12. Im using all organics, I have never had nute burn from organics ever. Yes there is perlite in the mix. All 6 plants were mixed in a giant batch of soil and that plant is the only one with any issues. The only thing I use that may not be organic is Aluminum Sulfate and its mixed with the soil and like I said it was all in 1 big batch.

13. Could be that particular plant or strain but it looks like burn to me regardless.

14. That soil meter looks just like one I have. Damn thing always reads the same as yours for ph no matter what the actual ph is. A cheap chinese piece of junk! I dunno yours might not be, but it looks identical. I use another soil meter now.

15. Looks like nitrogen toxicity, not a deficiency. This is not iron deficiency. You have too high concentration of salts in your soil. Doesn't matter where the salt came from, organic or chemical, it will burn your plants if the concentration is too high. A molecule of Nitrogen in elemental form is the same regardless of the source, bat guano or Monsanto.

16. looks like nutrient burn to me, not light burn

17. Ideal soil PH is 6.5 but I wouldnt put alot of faith in a cheap soil PH tester, I have one that I dont use anymore. Dam thing rarely ever moved off of 6.8 even when my run off was testing at 6.5.

18. Ok I think you got it. My ferts PH out to 8.1 ouch, when I mix ferts they come out real low but I don't think thats what this problem is the run off came in at like 5.7-5.8 and I looked at the chart and wow. Do I just flush and does that mean my ph for my soil is whacked and that my meter is junk? Also should I keep this plant as a mom after all this because it does have the best genetics for that strain or did this really mess it up?:smoke:

BTW :gc_rocks:

19. What I learned and should have listend to what a few other here said and thats when it comes to PH meters you get what you pay for. I learned quick that cheap soil PH meters and liquid PH meters that you get what you pay for. I even bought a $70.00 Milwaukee PH meter and after 1 indoor grow and part way through a second that its starting to give inconsistant readings even when freshly calibrated. I am now looking into getting a Bluelab combo meter thats about $200 and has a 5 year warranty, most of the cheaper meters I`ve seen only have a 1 year warranty.

20. So about that genetic question? Should I replace the plant or fix the problem and the genetics will be fine?