What deficiency is this

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by volkswagenhippie, Aug 11, 2017.

1. [​IMG]there's the ladies doing quite well now

First grow

2. You're not the only one. I've never even been on Facebook or Twitter - I still have a flip phone. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Haha mick that's next level dinosaur tech..can't break em though !

First grow

4. the deficiency looks like nitrogen. yellow starts from the outside and works its way in, the leave is dieing

5. Doesn't N deficiency usually start at the bottom ? All the yellowing I've had has been on the top.

First grow

6. @Thatguy89 typically but not always. also i seen u said that u still gettin brown spots on ur leaves and ur using coco, this usually means ur low on calcium and magnesium. r u using pre-washed coco? and do u soak ur coco in nutrients before use? i ask because coco if not rinsed (when using the un-washed one) will throw ur ph balances off and sap ur plant of calcium and magnesium. if u get the pre-washed one and u pot with it right out the bag without soaking it the same thing will happen with calcium and magnesium (this goes for all types of coco). now when i say soak i mean a heavy feeding. what is ur ppms in coco? and ph?

7. I did rinse the coco thoroughly and precharged..I feed daily right now with 1ml/L calmag which is 1ml/G under max dose. Still showing signs of Cal deficiency, driving me fucking mad lol. I don't have an e.c or ppm gauge yet going to invest in one soon and I checked the pH of the runoff and it's always the same as what I feed at since I water til runoff every day. I was at 5ml/G before with full strength canna coco nutes and I burned the ladies and had Cal Def at the same time.

First grow

8. I did rinse the coco thoroughly and precharged..I feed daily right now with 1ml/L calmag which is 1ml/G under max dose. Still showing signs of Cal deficiency, driving me fucking mad lol. I don't have an e.c or ppm gauge yet going to invest in one soon and I checked the pH of the runoff and it's always the same as what I feed at since I water til runoff every day. I was at 5ml/G before with full strength canna coco nutes and I burned the ladies and had Cal Def at the same time.

First grow

9. I did rinse the coco thoroughly and precharged..I feed daily right now with 1ml/L calmag which is 1ml/G under max dose. Still showing signs of Cal deficiency, driving me fucking mad lol. I don't have an e.c or ppm gauge yet going to invest in one soon and I checked the pH of the runoff and it's always the same as what I feed at since I water til runoff every day. I was at 5ml/G before with full strength canna coco nutes and I burned the ladies and had Cal Def at the same time.

First grow

10. I did rinse the coco thoroughly and precharged..I feed daily right now with 1ml/L calmag which is 1ml/G under max dose. Still showing signs of Cal deficiency, driving me fucking mad lol. I don't have an e.c or ppm gauge yet going to invest in one soon and I checked the pH of the runoff and it's always the same as what I feed at since I water til runoff every day. I was at 5ml/G before with full strength canna coco nutes and I burned the ladies and had Cal Def at the same time.

First grow

11. I don't understand how people pH to 5.8 and don't get Cal deficiency...I feel like I should bump mine up to 6.1 or 6.2 to get in a better zone for the roots to uptake what the plant is deficient in.

First grow

12. 5.8 veg 6.0 early flower 6.4 mid to late. i go 5ml calmag p gal in veg once they're on full feeds and 6ml pgal in flower up till week 7

13. Alright I'll try upping it a little bit slowly don't want to mess around too much right now they are producing some pretty frosty buds despite the bit of yellowing

First grow

• Like Like x 1
  14. i hear ya, only reason i up the ph is because p and k r easier to uptake at those levels. and buds need p and k to grow (hence pk boosters). try it out sometime. best of luck

• Like Like x 1
  15. #37 Sickomindo, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Hmm ya tail chasing is always fun. Im teaching this kid to grow and i told him, you know your a grower when you can solve and fix grower issues like this. But it can happen. Especially when you over complicate things (like me) or try new things.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. For sure there's a lot more to it than I initially thought...damn science lol

First grow