what date and time plant outdoors in eastern ky

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by fruityskunk, Apr 16, 2011.

1. i wanna grow a couple of plants outdoors this year and was wondering what date and time to start and if u could help me with the water i mean how mutch do i give them and when do i water them like every 3 to 5 days or a schedule type thanks ima grow SkunkXAfghan#1 and ThaiXkush and i dont know whether too use potting soil or regular dirt both are good though

2. yes a good question! watering........so wet soil restricts root growth and o2 and the bigger your root system the bigger your plant so you want to let the soil have wet and dry time. when you get used to your plants you will realize when theyre dry the leaves will reach straight up and when its too wet they will droop...watch a timelapse grow on youtube to see what im talking about...so next when i water i water slowly for a long time which stimulates the roots to grow straight down and hopefully hit the water table...which would make your job a lot easier so easy answer is listen to the plant but if theyre in pots or something id prolly water every 3-5 days and perilite will also help let the roots spread and get o2 good luck!

3. and i just finished this conversation with my sister everyone seems to think even the nastiest fill is good soil and with the right amendments it can be...when im low on cash i hit up wall mart and buy 2 bags or miracle grow organic potting soil 1 bag mg organic garden soil and a small bag of perilite and ive had some great results but please please please dont buy anything cheaper than mg you will just make your life a living hell lol ive found plastic and had soils that dont absorb water at all and so on

but if youve got money this year il be playing with a pro-mix and foxfarms...but again do the research there are so many soil mixes lol for my last grows i just did what i could with what i had...sometimes stuff just falls into your lap...free horse manure on craigslist and so on hope i could help peace man!

4. @Op Anytime after the last frosts of the year is fine to start your Plants. water every 2 days or whenever the soil gets dry (if you cant tell stick you finger a few inches into soil if its moist its fine but if not water them) & try to order some Fox Farms Soil its pretty good from what ive seen. Im in South Eastern Ky myself.

5. Your good to go right now, pop the beans and plant out after 2 weeks of TLC.

VOO

6. #7 buddogmutt, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2012
    not now! mid to late may...now would be a great time for a indoor start!...you're in zone 6b....tomatos are always planted in mid to late may to ensure avoiding the potential late frost...mind you, tomatos grow in the exact same conditions as marijuana..equally sensitive to cold and heat(thats why a lot of folks hide their plants among tomatos)..so in marijuana illegal states it always good to reference tomato planting times..and zone 6b is the agricultural zone standard by which gardeners and growers can determine which plants are most likely to thrive at a location.

7. #8 clodhopper, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2012
    Ive been growing in Ky for 40 years and listen to buddogmutt. Its still a little early for most of eastern ky. From Ashland down to hyden - the mountains are a bit cooler than the rest of the state.

Depending upon the size of your plants. A small 3" seedling will get burnt bad by frost but a 12" plant usually will shrug it off. May 10- 15 would be safe for you.

Watering depends on how often it rains and the type soil you have. Last summer, i didnt have to water a single plant. 3 years ago, i had to water every week.

If you use a peat or coco based soil, it will loose moisture very quickly through evaporation where as a clay based native soil might remain moist 6" down for much much longer. With regaurds to your native soil, whats growing their now? Nice big weeds or scrubby buckbushes and thorns? Do they grow corn or soy in the area? What do local farmers put on their fields to grow corn? Usually u can tell how your plants will do by observing how well the herbacious weeds in the area are doing. If their big a green, so will your plants.

You can grow 4 plants and it just be a misdemeanor. In my county, they dont even arrest you if you get caught with 4 or less you just get a ticket. 5 sends you to Lagrange.

8. [quote name='"clodhopper"']Ive been growing in Ky for 40 years and listen to buddogmutt. Its still a little early for most of eastern ky. From Ashland down to hyden - the mountains are a bit cooler than the rest of the state.

Depending upon the size of your plants. A small 3" seedling will get burnt bad by frost but a 12" plant usually will shrug it off. May 10- 15 would be safe for you.

Watering depends on how often it rains and the type soil you have. Last summer, i didnt have to water a single plant. 3 years ago, i had to water every week.

If you use a peat or coco based soil, it will loose moisture very quickly through evaporation where as a clay based native soil might remain moist 6" down for much much longer. With regaurds to your native soil, whats growing their now? Nice big weeds or scrubby buckbushes and thorns? Do they grow corn or soy in the area? What do local farmers put on their fields to grow corn? Usually u can tell how your plants will do by observing how well the herbacious weeds in the area are doing. If their big a green, so will your plants.

You can grow 4 plants and it just be a misdemeanor. In my county, they dont even arrest you if you get caught with 4 or less you just get a ticket. 5 sends you to Lagrange.[/quote]

What is LaGrange?

9. [quote name='danktank 420']What is LaGrange?[/QUO
    LaGrange is prison, You can have more than 4 plants in Kentucky or it is a felony.

10. according to GC it is an Alumni Directory...

11. You're definitely good to go er i mean grow now in eastern Kentucky.

12. Nice info clodhopper. I've been told to plant marijuana the same time farmers plant corn. Starting indoors will give you a head start. Why put out a seedling when you can put out a bigger plant?