What could this strain be???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by az2ct, Oct 22, 2009.

1. I only know it by it's street name, "piff", but I wanted to know if anybody could help me figure out some info on it. My friend gave me some seeds and I love the smoke. I was quite surprised to learn that he got some seeds. Only 3 found in the oz he had! But now that I have them I think I'll grow em out and see how it's turns out. Plus we wouldn't have to pay for that crap anymore!;)

So here is what I can tell you about the unknown strain:
    buds are always packed with crystals
    buds are also a milky like green with brown hairs all over
    it smells undeniably like fuel, at a very pungent level
    it a full body stone effect, and is a couchlocker
    smoke is very smooth

Thats all I can say for what I know as "piff". I wonder if it could be some kind of diesel or some other high quality strain that smells strongly of gasoline?

Any input would be grealty appreciated!

2. theres no way to identify individual strains if their bagseed even when their growing/budding it can be narrowed down but not much, thats about it

ps the only main thing you can tell is if its more sativa or indica

3. oh, i see. thanks for the answer man, and my guess would be that its indica dominant.

4. well that 1 you dont have to guess at lol you can tell if a plant is indica or sativa dom going by its leafs

this link gives you many examples of the different leafs
    pictures of sativa & indica leafs - Google Images

if the points on a leaf are more long & thin then the plant is more indica & if their shorter & fatter its more of a sativa

5. I thought it was the opposite of that. Short fat leaved plants, I thought, were the indica dominant plants that indoor growers like and that sativa plants were the tall thin, pointed leaves?

6. That is correct. fat leaves=indica and longer slim leaves=sativa. A good indica will have more of a couchlock body stone as compared to a good sativa which would be more of a heady, upbeat high.

7. indica is the fat leafs
    sounds like you have a diesel strained though

8. my mistake lol, time to slow down on the bongs tonite

9. It happens to the best of us haha

10. yes it does and also to the not so best of us. I told a guy this morning he could raise his pH with vinegar. Oops, another GC member caught that one for me quickly though. I knew what I meant damn it, lol.

11. That would be awesome! Is diesel a indica dominant plant?

12. I think its a hybrid of both, Ill check up fast hold on

13. #13 Sizz, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2009
    yea its a hybrid
    so it can have either breeds traits
    and they smell like fuel

theres about 14 different strains of Diesel just so you know so

14. Thanks for the info! I may never know what it truly is but I'm sure it's some kind of diesel;) when I get finished with this test grow I'll probably make a journal of this stuff I'm talking about and maybe we can get an even better picture. I hope I don't mess up though, I only have 3 seeds!