What could this be?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Thelukester, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Ok so this is my second grow, things are looking good other than These few leaves yellowing a bit. It looks kinda like Mg deficiency. I'm using ffof soil with perlite. Last grow I used the same soil and didn't need to add Mg untill flower. It's under 152 true watts of cfl. No nutes yet, sprouted July 4th and transplanted once. Filtered water, PH is 6.5 going in and runoff is in range as well. Only other thing I can think of is that my plant is showing signs of heat stress, could heat be causing this as well? I have calmag on hand that I can add next feed, or should I just start using veg nutes? Thanks in advance. And I know the plants small for its age but that's ok with me. Just training her how I like. It's bagseed btw. Here's some pics[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. What are you using for soil? Also when you LST its a good idea to brace the bottom of the stem then slowly tie the top down. It disturbs the roots if you just bend the plant over.

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

3. Honestly I'm not to experienced yet but with only 150 watts of cfl I highly doubt its heat stress, with cfls period I think it would be hard to get any heat stress. I think with nute toxicity the leaves start yellowing from the tips so I would think it is a deficiency. Your probably on the right track thinking it's mg with it being the veins that are yellowing. Are you using the same strain as your first grow?

4. 1. Is it only the very lower leaves?
    2. Is it happening on anywhere else but the lower leaves?

J

5. an easy solution is to potup

this time add 25% perlite to that soil

to aid nut burn

avoid root compaction and root bound

unless you are feeding with RO water avoid the Calmag until month 3/4

good luck

6. Agreed there, I am using tap water in my coco grow, only adding light magnesium to feed. No calcium def lol. You could always try foliar feeling mag before lights out to find out for sure. 1 tsp per gallon, spray the undersides of the leafs primarily.

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

7. 2nd That Foilar Feed Mg

best to do it during the day tho

if its required it corrects in front of your eyes ..lol

8. So I did brace the bottom when I first bent it over, not the stem is strong enough to hold itself so I took it off. I'm using fox farms ocean forest and perlite.

And the heat issue isn't from the lights alone. It's like 75 in my apartment right now and even more with the lights on in the closet. And no it's a different bagseed from the first.

Yes only lower, that's why I figured Mg def.

I just transplanted a week ago and want to wait a little bit. I have a smart pot for it to go into next. and I use filtered tap water.

I did the epsom foliar spray last grow it worked ok but didn't solve the problem. I think I'm just gonna give it the regular veg nutes and see how that goes

9. how bout the runoff ph? what's that? your problem could be that the ph swing down due to overfeeding and build up....THEN that locks out elements...forcing the plant to steal from the leaves that have those elements....

check the runoff ph and see if it's LOWER than you want...your in soil ..so 6.5 is your lowest ph that's ideal and 7.2 is the highest....what's yours? I bet it's low....AND the ec level is HIGH and has been high so salts built up in the soil..

GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

10. I'll check next watering, but last time it was in range. I only have the drops and it looked like 6.5. I've been watering to 15-20% runoff each time. But it only needs water like once or twice a week right now

11. yeah the drops do work I have it for emergencies only...better to get a real ph pen...cuz 6.3 and 6.4 DON'T apply to cannabis ....soil is 6.5 to 7.2 while hydro (including coco) rockwool etc...the ph is 5.5 to 6.2....

6.3 and 6.4 are a grey area of feeding cannabis ...too low for soil ...tô high for hydroponics especially with today's freak hybrid strains ...its essential to be on point....and if you were hovering at 6.5 I bet it dipped low on you and started causing LOCKOUT , leaf discoloring etc.

GFP

12. Makes sense. So just water with pH 7 next time you think?

13. whatever is needed to get the runoff off to come out correct....last week I had to up my water to 7.5 then pour it through the coco , to get the runoff a perfect 5.8 with all the plants....(due to me slacking off really) but yes...the runoff ph is way more important than what's going in...don't get me wrong what's going in IS important BUT not if the runoff is fuct up....then you have to adjust to compensate...remember it's called ph BALANCE for a reason...so.find the right number and adjust... good luck

GFP

• Like Like x 1
  14. shoot for 6.5 ...a healthy plant should feed then slightly raising the ph....let that happen until 7.2...then down it again to you. 6.5 and keep that cycle going ..and you'll be happy in the end.

GFP

• Like Like x 1
  15. So watered today, no nutes. 6.5 (according to the drops). Here's a pic of my runoff water after adding the pH drops.[​IMG]
    It looked very similar to what went in. And a couple pics of the leaves getting worse[​IMG][​IMG]

16. To me, looks around 6.5 runoff. I know that picture sucks, sorry. I didn't do a full on flush but used a little extra water just in case

17. did you use plain water to get to 6.5?

• Like Like x 1
  18. I use my tap water through a Pur filter. According to the drops it's around 6.5 right after it's filtered