What Could It Be?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by THATburnoutYOUknow, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Hey everyone,

I'm a first time grower and I have a few plants. A few months back I got a few seeds from a friend who had a box full of them and he had no idea what they could be after months of just throwing them into a box when he finds them in his weed bags. He gave me a few so I planted them and placed them outdoors and after about a week they all started sprouting. I'm using good dirt and nutrients. They are in a spot where they get about 7 to 8 hours of daylight each day. They all have grown at different rates (all seem to be healthy) and have grown in slight different coloration and size in leaves (width,length). The plant I have posted pictures of has already started budding and even has started to smell dank. It is 13" and I have now moved it inside under 150w CFL lighting I figure I will give it a 12/12 hour lighting schedule and water/mist it once in the morning. But my big question is (if it is even possible to tell) has anyone ever grown a plant that looks similiar to what this one may be growing into or does anyone have any idea of what it may be? How could I tell? It's been growing for 7 weeks and just recently has shown signs of flowering. Please correct me on anything you may feel I could do better with! Thanks!
    P.s. Also what size bulbs should each plant get?

Attached Files:

2. Two things. It looks like you're watering too much, about every 3 days is more typical then every day. Also, it looks kind of weird, but I'm pretty sure that's a male.

3. Ya dude dont mist it when its nugging in flowering, that could cause mold. Always have a fan on in the grow area and not directly on them when thier in flower. Next time i'd suggest you get some DWC hydro bubble buckets and just do it indoors under a hps/mh light so no pesky bugs, mold, people ect. Doing this with the right ratio of liquid nutes will insure they will be 3-4 times taller then what you got and get  2-3 ounces off of each plant.

4. Oh and make sure you have a strict light schedule starting at 18on/6off for seedings, clones and vegitative stages and 12on/12off for flowering stage. This will insure they dont start flowering until the plant is atleast a foot tall and they dont turn hermavidite (bad spelling). Privite message me if you need any advice. Good Luck

5. #5 CanadianOrganic, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
    No one mentioned that this plant is a male? Lmao

6. Bulb wise you want a minimum of 10,000 lumens per plant. But if you whind up taking my advise about the hps/mh light id have 400w to 1000w for four big sized 3-4 foot plants. I use a dimmable 1000watt at 500w for seedlings and veg then bump it up to 750w for flowering.

Attached Files:

7. Is it possible I could identify what strain the male plant is and then get feminized seeds from it to grow a budding plant?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I heard of this liquid that you put on the branches of a female and it starts producing feminized seeds. look it up on google.

9. Caloidal silver. You put it in a female and the part you put it in grows male flowers and pollinates the female next to it. Since both plants were female the seeds will be female. You can't get seeds without pollen
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409089030.214326.jpg