What Could Cause Stunt Growth?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Sam5a, Sep 16, 2014.

1. my seedlings are in day 18 since they poped out of the soil, they have developed starter leaves, another set of leaves (1 blade leaves), and a new set. Total and barely 3 sets, while my WW gals got half way through their 4 set of leaves on day 18 not from poping out of the soil but 18 days since actual germination.The new seedling progress is really slow. One seedling had dehydration issues and eventually died, 2 seedlings are developing yellowish tips as if they aren't getting enough nutrients, at first I thought it was a 'strain' thing but something is surely wrong...

I'm using cardboard paper pots for the first time, and I used left over soil that remained opened to air for two weeks, when I noticed some problems I transplanted them into another cardboard paper pot with fresh soil, but then the nutrient discoloration started to happen. I'm thinking of poping open some growth hormone to change the tide...

sorry again for not having picture, got a problem re-installing Bluetooth and don't have the right USB for my phone.

what could possibly stunt their growth or any plants' growth?

2. Im havin seed issues too buddy.

Im not sure whats goin on tbh.

Theyre some picky little shits.

3. U need b1 and iron

4. There are lots of bunk seeds right now. That's why I made my own.I'll find out in a few days if the seeds are any good! :)

5. #5 Sam5a, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    Here is an update,

I used the growth hormone on the last two remaining plants, it showed a big impact on one plant, but it grew really quick, three times the usual growth rate, I thought I was going to make a come back on that plant. But it turned yellow from the lower leaves and eventually it turned all yellow like a hungry plant but continued to grow, it seemed it wasn't getting enough nutrient via it's root maybe regardless of the feeding, it seemed it didn't have healthy roots to take in enough nutes and eventually dropped to the side and died.

I am down to one Blue Berry Regular, the plant looks healthy, but it's starting to grow extremely slow since I changed it from the paper cup, it's starting to show the 3rd set of leaves (the 3 bladed leaves) and it's over a month old, 36 days old to be exact.

Before I lost one of the plant, it was more than half way yellow, I suspect it is a root issue because I was smelling some foul odor coming from them. When I removed them from the soil I couldn't see any white roots on both of them, then again they were covered with chunks of soils which I couldn't remove even  after getting it wet.

I heated up a water and  mixed one tea spoon of honey and waited for it to cool off, I figured since honey is a natural antibiotic and has positive effect for root development to use it on it. Placed them in the good ol black plastic pot.

That happened was approximately 7 days ago, the one that survived is showing signs of recovery, actually it turned very green and looks healthy.. but the growth rate is so slow, at this rate it might take 2 month at least to be ready for flowering phase. :(

Any suggestion? or just leave it be and be patient?

If there is anything I learned from this disaster is not to use cardboard pots that are made in China... :angry: