What constitutes a religion?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by mrgoodsmoke, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Uh, that's the beauty of this marketing. Do they really have to come out and say it, or are hundreds of millions of people just feeling really, really, really generous in a single location, at the same time, and only on one day a week?

Sorry, but you don't bring in over $400 billion in "revenue" every year with "normal" marketing practices. That kind of money takes hardcore guilt that groups like the Roman Catholics have mastered over hundreds of generations.

I mean nothing against any particular group, they just happen to be my example used here. With religion, most of them operate under the same guise, some just apply it with a bit more vigor than others.

2. #22 ete23, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
    ^never quantified the money factor, now i hate religion more^ poof abra kadabra bye, also i hope donald trump runs for pres, YOUR FIRED!! corrupt government

3. 1) a complete set of ideologies
    2) a system of living
    3) claim to have all the answers to all of the questions
    4) promote equality
    5) provide an instant community and social network

Hope I helped, it is a shame to see your thread very inactive mrgoodsmoke. :(

4. not amen, a-mon-ey

dear lord, i ask for your help in everything i say and do, give me patience

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhfCcUd-zrc&p=0E54865F3BE84402&index=50&feature=BF"]YouTube - Juelz Santana ft. Lil Wayne - Let Us Pray [Video & Lyrics][/ame]

5. ^ What does that have anything to do with what constitues a religion?

6. Apparently all religion is money hungry and all they care about is money...

( i doubt this)

7. ^bless you^ you didnt even sneeze, they give a lot to charity though, so, but still evil i think. lets pray forever, the angels are my army

8. If you doubt this, then there's one easy way to find out. Start taxing the shit out of religion. No more tax breaks. Tax religious organizations like you would lottery winnings. We all pray we'll win the lottery some day. They don't have to pray. They win every single Sunday.

Treat them like any other business, and you'll quickly find out who was only in it for the money, and who has remained for the right reasons.

9. The funny thing is, religion is not a company, business.

Let's tax Buddhist tho.

10. Sure! That'll keep them honest! 1 point for Senior tokinITguy!

Lol, jp, but honestly, that's not such a bad idea, just to show, how many people are actually practicing Christianity correctly. And if people want to continue, then good, if people stop, then, that sucks.