What Consoles do you have? (Pics)

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by xLDKx NewYorker, Jan 24, 2014.

1. #21 ItsReneeYo_, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    N64 psp ps1 ps2 ps4 xbox 360 wii

We had a sega but niggas is stupid and threw shit away.

And PC for league and minecraft lol

2. Christ pc guys, why come to a console thread to show off your pc? Its just a preference.

3. #23 Vicious, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    Consoles are just limited PC's though. PSN and Live are, in layman's terms, just operating systems.

Most PC users own consoles of some sort, and most probably emulate on top of it and anyone who does knows there are tons of optimization problems, for a long time PC's were running games on max but having trouble with a heavy PS2 game. We don't need this whole us vs. them thing. We're from the same clothe, ya dig?

4. well shitt i came back to post a pic of my entertainment center but this thread turned into a hissy fit about console vs pc. cmon guys no ones better its all prefrence, circle jerk somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Attached Files:

5. #25 Finger My Urethra, Jan 28, 2014

Meh, my POS lenovo laptop is all i need for computing right now, i already have surround sound and monitor and a couple fans from a previous previous build and probably some salvagable stuff from my fried build, havent cared to check though. 

Point is, if i wanted to game with PC, i would be, that is not the case, at this point anyways, i need some motivation, like if fuckin half life 3 was announced or something classical and fantastic like this id start my next build but shit, i already have my system no point building another one to play the same games.

And also, i did have the build at a similar price point to consoles and then i hooked it up to a 70', left it running and it fried itself i dont know what it fried or what the fuck but that shit dont work anymore lol

6. Lovin' your rig... Peep, my printer prints wii u gamepads   :cool:

Attached Files:

7. hahaha i need me one of those printers! how is the wiiu? i had an og wii but its with my moms, she loves to play mario 64 on it so its hers now lol. i was thinking about getting the wiiu but never did. worth it?

and you have a cool shelf thing, is the tv like mounted into it? ive never seen one like that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. #29 SkinnyDude, Jan 28, 2014
    Honestly, the wii u's not that bad.. It's just that it has a wacc ass game catalog. I've got CODBO2 on both PS3 and WIIU, and i most say the U has better textures, lighting and what not. and playing on the gamepad while i watch the lakers aint that bad either (i think thats the best part) Mario kart 8 is on the way so if your into that i would definitely look into buyin one.  

And yea, the tv's mounted to that lil shelf thingy. I keep my herb behind the tv, dont tell nobody... SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

9. #30 xLDKx NewYorker, Jan 28, 2014
    Wow, just wow... Didn't realize i'd strike a nerve people... Seriously you're the fags flaunting shit around. I have a gaming pc, i play Crysis 3 High 1080 in 3D w/2xAA which honestly may not be up to "your standards" but i'd prefer a controller. And to say mice "have more control and better response" i bend people over when i'm gaming on FPS's with 360 controller, so i don't know what you're on about.
    It honestly comes down to $1000 a yearfor the "best" on upgrades or $500 once for the same experience, albeit in 720i, if your lucky, on low-medium, so what? Not trying to be a dick, but jesus you guys are pompous assholes.
    edit* spell check

The 1000 dollar a year shit is why PC people will continue to do what we do.

If you choose to be ignorant and do little to no research on when it's best to upgrade, then I say it's warranted pompousness. Also, considering you may have heard this 100 times before, but here's 101 for ya: You could build a more powerful tower for 500 dollars than any console could ever dream of outputting.

11. @[member="Finger My Urethra"] well yeah man i was just saying you were going on about steam so i assumed the reason you didn't have one was because of the misconception that you have to spend a small fortune to get one.

12. again i highlighted for the best experience...read my ignorant friend...i have a decent gtx 670 i7 quad 12gb rig im happy with

Dude how much ass do you pull down there? :p

14. well considering i have 2 milk jugs of water, i'd say lots! Bitches love water!

And I didn't highlight my point cause I like making things more difficult, read my post and you'll see I put a 'we' in there.

I'm not as ignorant as you'd like to think.

No absolutely i understand quite a bit about pcs, i have 4 builds ive done in the past, my second one i spent 2 grand on and ended up gifting to my dad because he gets maybe 2 hours a week to game with his job so i figured he should enjoy those hours of gaming.

My point is that if i wanted to pc game i wanna make sure i got all my shit really nice like for example crysis 3 for console looks good sure but with the right pc build it would look fucking amazing however if it looks the same as console im not gonna take the resources to build that, if im gonna game pc my pc is gonna be decked the fuck out. 

And for the record, anybody who says a mouse is better than a controller is fucking retarded, maybe if you spend 150 dollars it would be better than a controller but other than that fuck that noise, my wrist hurts after an hour of this bullshit, i would MUCH rather spend 150 bucks on a really really nice controller rather than 150 bucks on a mouse any day of the week, i cant even believe somebody said that shit lol, i mean dont get me wrong i have this huge "Battle Mouse" thing that i used to use, its literally the size of my hand with about 12 buttons on it for hotkeys and shit but even then, wheres my controller. 

17. @[member="Finger My Urethra"] yeah i get you but my point is you can spend however much you want. there's no like preset amount you can spend but more importantly you're not locked down to a certain resolution or fps like what you're talking about.

how long do you game? the longest i ususally go is 3-4 hours when i can and i don't get wrist pain. my arm would start hurting before because the arm rest on the chair i used was ilke a rock but i recently got a decent comfortable chair and that went away.

it depends on the type of game though. if it's an shooter or mmorpg stuff like that then keyboard and mouse shit on gamepads.. i remember my first time i tried to play BF3 on pc with a controller it was terrible. I immediately switched to KB/M and did a lot better. A game like Street Fighter IV though or something like that then i wouldn't get caught dead playing with keyboard and mouse. Good thing there's a gang of gamepads compatible with pc.

18. I get maybe 2 days a week to game out so when i do i load up the bong with bowl after bowl for probably 8-10 hour sessions maybe twice a week if im really lucky, if i have 45 minutes or something i wont sit down to game i wanna enjoy the shit outta my session lol, i remember not too long ago i beat deadspace 3 in one weekend after two long gaming sessions that was a sick fucking game, however this was on my xbox 360, on my pc i cant really have 8-10 hour sessions anymore, the last one i had was playing the oblivion expansion, i think i played like 34 hours in one weekend or something but yeah with a game like that i do prefer the mouse and keyboard as to controller however something action orientated like dragon age 2 i initially tried with keyboard and mouse and with a 360 controller that shit was twice as fun, same with diablo 3. 

19. #40 Vicious, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014

So anyone who prefers mouse over controller is retarded? That's pretty intense for liking something you dislike. The high level appeal to mouse is that it's something you can measure and replicate regardless of the game. You can measure 6" across a mat in which you can move the mouse from the center of the screen to the edge or the distance it takes to do a 180 in an fps. This allows for better twitch shots based on muscle memory and a system where you can get the same sensitivity on BF, CoD, CS or any game you play. Controller has it's benefits but there's a reason you don't see world class Counter-Strike pros using a controller. I can't knock it though, we're simply opposite, I almost dropped near $100 for Hori's mouse and keyboard "controller" for PS3. But my hands also feel like they're going to fall off at the wrist from carpal tunnel or arthritis.