What colour light is best for AF plants ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by satellte, Jun 7, 2011.

1. I'm wondering which kelvin temp of light will be best for some northern lights AF.

I have a choice of 3000K, 5000k, or 8000k would work best, I'm guessing 3000K as it's got the most red in it, any help on this guys ?

Cheers

2. ideally you want a full spectrum light, or a combination of red and blue white light. It would be best to use as much light as you can afford and handle and get as close as you can without heating or hurting the plant too much. Use both if you can or if you want only one kind, use a high spectrum in veg. and the low in bloom. Technically you could grow a full normal plant in just any one light, but to get good growth and bloom optimized that's where this change comes in. Blue light is better for vegative growth, and red light help more with blooming so it gets the most out of your plants.

Just an example, I've got 2 100W CFL in Daylight (very blue) and 1 300W 2700K (warm red) and this is for veg., then I'm going to use the same 300W, but change to 100W for 2 150W 2700K (also red). That's best for blooming, like i said, it'd be ideal if I bloomed with some blue light also, but it doesn't make sense in my case cause i've got more powerful bulbs that are also appropiate for the stage i use it in. Ya dig?

3. Thanks so much for the answer dude.

4. If I could only pick one of those it would be the 3000k. A couple of those 8000ks would help hold the plant down but it's not imperative.