What Color Do You See?!?!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by crayzmofo, Oct 20, 2005.

1. OK i was trippin one time and i came up with a theory that is dam well posible and impossible to say its not. if u get that... ok here it is

Now we all know the colors of the rainbow right... but do we see them the same as other...
    all our life we all grew up threw kindergarden learning the 8 main colors.. now maybe just maybe that all our eyes see colors in a different way. now think about this.

I see weed as green(mostly lol) like the average leaf is green now i see the color green the way i learned it... now someone else could see a completly different color but grew up learning that it was CALLED GREEN.. so to me i see green and say green but to someone else could look at MY BLUE and call it green and i would never know that he saw his weed in a completly diferent color...

like he could look at his weed n in his eyes it could look really (blue to me but call it his green) and say WOAH THIS WEED IS SOOO GREEN and i wouldnt ever know he sees it as that...

if you think about it itl blow your mind.. and example could be like this..this is what his looks like green and thats how he sees green but i see it like green ... same name different color

2. I thought of this before and have since proven it wrong. When people look at certain colors their mood changes subconsciencesly, or other things happen to their brain. For example: the color red. A dark red usually gives people more of an appitite over other colors. it's hard to explain but people get similar brain reactions to specific colors, meaning we all veiw the colors the same... unless the red is blue to them and blue makes them feel more hungry and that's how people are all sao different... that would put a fun twist on it. But when you think about it... if you never find whether your theory is true or not what is the point of having it?

3. wow you really dont get it... YOU GROW UP LEARNING THAT THE COLORS YOU SEE ARE HOW YOU FEEL lets say my blue makes me feel happy but my blue is brown to you... well maybe from the way u grew up with those colors brown made you feel happy along with me.. it doesnt matter about that at all.. If i saw shit as yellow and it was called brown to me i would still hate it because its shit

4. Yes I've thought about this before. I really don't know a way of proven it so I'm jsut sticking to that we everyone see's the colors im seeing.

5. if thats so

than most of us prolly have bad fashion without even knowing it.:eek:

6. I think we all know what weed green looks like do we not? Its GREEEN for christ sake, sorry, its a good theory but im not buying it.

7. I completly understand, i've tought about it before and you explained it exactly the good way. It's pure genius.

8. so..its mind over matter...if your reading something and all of a sudden theres this thing that says marijuana is green ...ah..man, i understand what your saying and i agree i just cant explain it haha...

Say the color of the word not the word itself:

green
    blue
    purple
    yellow
    black

Lol,.

-Bread_:smoke:

9. nice so most of you people understand what i mean.. i kno im a genius lol jj.. im dum as shit but iv came up with crazy ideas... n its so easy to understand that it IS completly possible just so imposible to prove that it trips you out.. lol n yes it is possible that to YOU someone could be so out of fashion its not even funny like a dirty clown. but to THEM they see it as looking really nice n with the fashion of today.

10. If this is true, how do color-blind people ever realize they have a problem?

11. probably someone told them haha...walks outta the house..."motha fucka, why are you wearing pink pants", "i thought they were blue" haha!..oh my im ripped

-Bread_:smoke:

12. More to the point if this was true they couldn't test for colorblindness. Colors are just wavelengths of light. They are the same no matter who sees them. It's like saying there are two people who are in the same room hearing a third person talking and then wondering if they hear the words said the same way. It's just soundwaves. Same with color.

13. shut up n trip out lol jj man they can test for color blindness i learned it in my physics... its likea picture of circles that are brown-orange and in the middle it sais 57 in a light green almost.. and if u cant see it u are color blind to green.... BUT WAHT COLOR IS ACTUALLY I MEAN IF U THINK OF WAHT I TOLD YOU.. YOU COULD BE COLORBLIND TO ANY COLOR... IM GOING MAD!! AHHH LMFAO no im not im just baked

14. Wow, this is really weird that so many of us have thought about this :p

15. Same concept as being colour blind

A colour blind person can *see* all colours. They just have a neurological disorder in the memory centre of their brains (it's hereditary on the male chromosomes) where a person can not connect the sight and name of a colour.

You same orange, you know what it looks like. a colour-blind person can't make that connection.

Shit about people 'mistaking' colours doesn't not mean they're colour blind. Most times a colour blind person mixes up two colours, they're statistically opposites.

red/green
    blue/yellow
    orange/purple

etc.

16. Certain colors result in specific tendencies in people's responses. For example, blue has been proven to slow pulse and blood pressure, while pink has been shown to have a more restful calming effect. Also complete color blindness is rare, you would find people who are actually color blind can only see in the blue range, but can't see red or green. You see ( lol funny pun) it's all about rods and cones in our eyes. Cones are visual receptors that respond during daylight, this is what sees color for us. Now a rod is sensitive to the violet-purple wavelength; so therfore it is sensitive for night vision. Completly color blind people only respond to light with rods, not cones therfore that is how you get complete colorblind.

17. Same reason why you can't distinguish light during night.

That condition isn't known as being colorblind, as far as i know, it has a technical name.

18. Your right it's not called color blindness it's called color deficiency.

19. speaking of that, freshman year i had a teacher who was completlet color blind or color deficiency.... he was in black in white.... he was telling us tvs are always cheaper for him because he only buys the older black and white ones...

20. I've thought the same thing. There's no real way to find out, but what if black were pink and pink were black. I'de look like a total fag. What if trees were white, and dogs were purple. CRAZY SHIT.