What college's to apply to?!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by 218TwistinStanK, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Freshman at West Chester University. I bombed high school. Literally tanked. They call your house the wednesday night before graduation if you arent going to graduate. Don't you know i sat by my house phone waiting for that call and when it never came I damn near cried tears of joy. I got into every school i applied to because my SAT scores were boss (first and only try too) and I had a lot of shit going for me outside of school.

Seriously, high school was bullshit that I really wasn't trying to deal with. Now I'm studying to be a high school chem teacher and I'm expecting to make Deans List this semester.

And fuck community college. There's a bunch of small liberal arts schools that would be better if you're smart. Some people need community college and some people are way too brilliant for community college but go there because they thought high school was bullshit. I'm not knocking community college but don't look at it if you don't have to. College life is great.

2. You go to Uri? My brother goes up there and i visit him a bunch. Good bud up there plus mad nice people :smoke:

3. [quote name='"icekold23"']Freshman at West Chester University. I bombed high school. Literally tanked. They call your house the wednesday night before graduation if you arent going to graduate. Don't you know i sat by my house phone waiting for that call and when it never came I damn near cried tears of joy. I got into every school i applied to because my SAT scores were boss (first and only try too) and I had a lot of shit going for me outside of school.

Seriously, high school was bullshit that I really wasn't trying to deal with. Now I'm studying to be a high school chem teacher and I'm expecting to make Deans List this semester.

And fuck community college. There's a bunch of small liberal arts schools that would be better if you're smart. Some people need community college and some people are way too brilliant for community college but go there because they thought high school was bullshit. I'm not knocking community college but don't look at it if you don't have to. College life is great.[/quote]

These last two sentences. If I can get into a halfway decent school I'll take the chance. I could benefit from community college but if it isn't necessary then I'd like to pursue a career of some sorts. Anyone been to Colorado state pueblo or ft Collins?

4. If you don't give a fuck why are you even applying? Unless you happen to be the next Lebron James you're not getting into any school that's not community college.

5. [quote name='"Pass the dr0"']If you don't give a fuck why are you even applying? Unless you happen to be the next Lebron James you're not getting into any school that's not community college.[/quote]

I ball. More like Durant tho.

6. [quote name='"WildWill"']You're going to have a pretty tough time of it with a 2.4, and the fact that your grammar (at least in this thread) sucks. It's COLLEGES, there's no apostrophe - and I do believe your title is also a split infinitive. BUT that's neither here nor there.

My advice - stay in your city, go to community college for a couple of years get that GPA up and transfer into a GOOD 4 year school, because with a 2.4 it won't matter what you get on your SAT or ACTs you won't be considered for anything that is actually a good school.[/quote]

Everyone uses terrible grammar and spelling on the internet. Hell, I noticed a few grammatical errors in your post lol. It's cuz no one cares XD

7. What people don't get is you don't go to community college and then just stop. It's a stepping stone to a real school, so saying he should go to a better school "instead" is just foolish. I'm bout to get my 2 year degree from a community college and transfer to umass.

I make about 14k a year working part time and have no financial help from family and I'll be a Junior at umass and owe 0 dollars for my education. So yeah, community college kicks ass. When I graduate it'll say umass, not cape cod community. Same degree as someone who went there for 4 years, just costs less :)

8. 2.4...yikes, ....id say your best bet is a community college and they to transfer from there....you will save money too

9. Would it be any different going to a CC out of state? Still has to be pretty cheap. Wanna get the fuck outta here.

10. There's shitty weed everywhere you ignorant bastard.
    If I lived in ND, I'd personally set up a grow closet and grow a nice strain and post in the stash jar for you to see, just to prove you wrong.

11. Yea man I puff stank. No disrespect towards the Midwest. Sucks paying 300 a oz but don't get it twisted. Stay twisted like a candy cane

12. where are some good places to apply with a 2.6

13. [quote name='"FuckBeerGetWeed"']where are some good places to apply with a 2.6[/quote]

Where do you live?
    What's your SAT or ACT?
    What's your major?
    What kind of campus do you want?

But really not many places just go to a CC, and transfer it's better than paying for 4 years at a crap college

14. Not true at all. Kid who went to a rival highschool got in to Ohio State Main Campus with a 14 ACT + a like 2.5 GPA.

He's also 6'7 and has a full ride for football, but that's besides the point.

15. [quote name='"benwise"']

Not true at all. Kid who went to a rival highschool got in to Ohio State Main Campus with a 14 ACT + a like 2.5 GPA.

He's also 6'7 and has a full ride for football, but that's besides the point.[/quote]

Wait hold on I think tht last part is very important.....and what was his ethnicity?

16. White.

And maybe a bit ;P

17. [quote name='"benwise"']

White.

And maybe a bit ;P[/quote]

Oh I thought he was black

18. Makes it even that much more impressive.

19. Go to Humboldt State out here in California and smoke your brains out.