What college courses to take?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mramazing42, Dec 8, 2013.

1. I am going to be legally growing next year and want to prepare myself so I can have some successful grows. What college courses can I take to help me understand cannabis and the growing process?

2. Botany, agriculture, any plant sciences really. It is a plant after all and nothing will be taylored towards cannabis.

3. I respectfully suggest you do not use your college education opportunity to learn how to grow marijuana. Your college education is an investment in your livelihood for the rest of your life, choose courses that will help you earn a degree to pursue that. Even if you think you are going to grow MJ professionally for the rest of your life (a very dubious assumption), you still don't need to squander your college education on learning about it, spend the big money on tuition and stuff to put yourself on a solid career path.

All you need to know in order to grow MJ is available for free on the internet. If you find several years from now that legal MJ growing is your livelihood then you can always pony up at that time to further your education if needed.

4. Toasty is correct! You have youtube, here and the entire Internet to learn! Use college as a career path not as a growing course!

Peace x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Why not do both? Environmental studies, agriculture, forestry, all would give a great foundation for learning to grow as well as a valid career path. A biology degree can be the first step to quite a variety of jobs.

6. There many things college can teach you that the internet can't...

But growing weed is not one of those things. Based on information from threads on this forum alone, a new grower could probably do very well for herself.

7. Many college degrees require a science and lab anyway, so you might as well take one dealing with plants since you have to do one anyway. Also, Rump is correct that Law is actually a really good one to take. Learn your rights just in case. That's one everyone should know though. 

8. Plant and soil sciences help with understand processes above and below ground. I'm taking a sustainable Agriculture course which does a great job addressing low input (read organic and/or more natural soil amendments in lieu of inorganic nutes an salts) soil use. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk