what changed me?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by MrHighFlyer, Mar 24, 2012.

1. So I've always been a Christian but lately I've been questioning many aspects of my faith and now I don't know what I believe in anymore. It's really weird because I've been a Christian my entire life I mean I practically grew up in the church. I'm in an internal conflict. It's like my heart wants to believe in Jesus, the Bible, and God but my mind is saying that none of that exists..

2. If you think we have the answers and you don't, it seems that you have some thinking to do. I wish I could be helpful, I really do, but I can't tell you what's going on in your head. Try and tell us: what is wrong with being a Christian?

3. I had the same problem a while ago. No one can really tell you what to believe in and whats wrong or right. It's really what you feel is right.

Like what postal said above. It's hard for someone to help you with your own struggle. You really just have to look into both sides, and then figure out how you truly feel.

4. naw im not looking for answers.. just wondering if someone else has gone through the same thing.. now that I think about it there are no answers.. Its all a big mistery :(

5. i went through that about five years ago. i think if you are ready to confront them, the problems will become clear. i could tell you some of what i concluded, but i'll refrain for now as i've already posted a lot about that elsewhere.

6. I think I kind of know what you are going through. I was raised christian, but I did question it after awhile. I did feel lonely and empty thinking there was no god, and almost felt ashamed for the thought, just because of how I was raised.

Just don't feel bad for thinking into things. Thinking about thoughts (if that makes sense) is the one thing that makes us human. Don't feel like you're doing anything wrong.

7. I went through this same thing. I was raised a devout Christian and one day I just started questioning things. Its a personal thing. You're gonna have to figure it out on your own. None of us have the answers, you do.

8. Thanks but yeah you just described exactly what I'm going through.. I guess we all have to go through this to find out what we really believe in..