What causes stunted flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kkjones714, Aug 29, 2013.

1. #1 kkjones714, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
    I've been having a good few weeks then a bad week... A few of my plants don't seem to be budding fast it's taking a really long time...the look barelly any different then about a week ago when I see other plants with more progress this far into flowering. It's been about 3 weeks flowering and I only have hairs on multiple bud sites...it doesn't look terrible I just know I could have more at this time.... Any tips to increase the speed or size of bud growth during flowering Also what can be the reason my buds aren't increasing that quick I have them in 3 gal pots under a 400w hps with 5 100w cfls Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Relax dude. They will pack it on last few weeks. Got any pics

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. The most common growth inhibitors are lack of oxygen to the roots and overdosing with nutrients

4. That's what I guessed so today I flushed one plant real good.  Seems to be looking better already!

5. Remember also, sativas flower much slower than indicas. It's possible that you have indicas with more progress. Some sativas take up to 16 weeks! Be patient and they will reward you. I know it's hard to wait sometimes but if you try to speed up the process (which you won't!) you will just run into problems and end up with nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

6. I have mostly sativa plants and one indica maybe that's the reason...thin leaves are sativa right? They seem healthy just growing slower then my last batch

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. what did u do to flush that might help too.... my nutes seem pretty strong I've had problems during this grow with the dosages

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I just kept running water through the planter until I felt it was cleaned out.  I noticed a slight salt ring around the base of the planter.  Yikes!  It's looking good again.  This one's my worst plant so I'm pretty well over reacting on every front.  Think I'm just gonna chill on this one and spare it my wrath.  Good luck.

9. Yeah one indicator of a sativa is thin, long, fan leaves. Hang in there, some strains flower slower than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free