What causes leaves to twist?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Celbrise808, Nov 18, 2018.

1. tried looking it up and im getting all different answers from over watering, under watering, PH issues, medium, etc..

i had this happen in my 1st grow with a different strain and seed bank but only 1 leaf out of the entire plant was like this. the leaves are just twisting abnormally the plants are growing fine, i DON'T PH my water. i bought a cheap PH testing kit with the strips but PH here seems okay in general to use tap water.

not an over watering issue as i don't really water them that much every 3-5 days when the top is practically bone dry.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0/513552870784630800/JPEG_20181117_171515.jpg

running a CFL just 1 at about 5 inches away from the plants. 2 out of 3 of the plants have this issue. it doesn't seem to be reaching for the light so idk. when i turn off the lights it just stays that way. had this issue with the same set of leaves on my 1st grow but only 1 leaf had it.

Should i be worried or..? like i said they are growing fine

2. There's nothing wrong with that plant...
    but its a good sign when a grower cares so much; mean success is likely.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Leaves are turning towards the light, it’s perfectly normal.

My New Grow

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. idk i figured the same but it actually stays that way like it's deformed. i have 2 other seedlings 1 is showing same signs and this plant was actually growing fine until the leaves started bending but i brought it indoors about a day ago. not sure though they seem okay just look weird

5. The leaves will always angle towards the light. It’s ok since the light source is never directly above them they’ll turn towards it. You want to have fun, move the light and watch them turn another direction.

My New Grow

6. yea i mean i know they move and all that i've watched my first grow do that but the leaves are permanent like they are curved like that even when in darkness for hours on end. they are basically deformed but idk why if it's genetics or like PH issue or etc.. soil im using people saying is good, PH idk like i said i don't really test my water as i trust it enough to not have huge PH issues will be getting a PH meter in the future but i only got the little strips you dip and match the colors but i use those for aquariums they are not even reliable tbh.

it's all good though i mean they look healthy otherwise and are growing fine

7. There’s nothing wrong with it, stop overthinking it lol.

My New Grow

8. Seedlings do lots of wierd shit mate. If you get no growth or get to 4 nodes and still have problems that's when to start worrying :) She's fine bud

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1